Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chasebest0

Re: This USB device requires more power" message when no USB plugged in

Jump to solution

Same thing it been over a year still can’t get help from anyone and I NEVER USED THE USB! I have tried everything and no thing all the re- un plugging it and plugging it back still no working

it is a Hisense•ROKU TV

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Chasebest0,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with a notification of the USB port and the steps you took to fix the problem.

Have you taken the troubleshooting steps posted provided by @RokuElmer-H above this thread?

If so, it's possible that the TV thought something was detected in the USB and provided that message box.

In this case, have you tried contacting Hisense support yet to inquire further? We suggest contacting them to see what opinions or suggestions they can provide.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You may contact them here: Hisense Support.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TreDay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We pulled the USB out with pliers very carefully without damaging anything. We took the back of the TV off and did it carefully. We did this months ago. The message went away and we never had a problem again. We never used the USB in the first place and don’t miss it. We almost got a new TV, but then all these people on Reddit with the same problem were saying they just removed the USB. So we did and the problem was fixed. The digital Roku trouble shooting was not helpful. We tried it all. Hours and hours. Sometimes things have to be handled manually. 

0 Kudos
TreDay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We pulled the USB out with pliers very carefully without damaging anything. We took the back of the TV off and did it carefully. We did this months ago. The message went away and we never had a problem again. We never used the USB in the first place and don’t miss it. We almost got a new TV, but then all these people on Reddit with the same problem were saying they just removed the USB. So we did and the problem was fixed. The digital Roku trouble shooting was not helpful. We tried it all. Hours and hours. Sometimes things have to be handled manually. 

0 Kudos
luapfl

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem!

0 Kudos
luapfl

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
luapfl

Jump to solution

Believe it or not, I tool my letter opener and stuck it into the usb port and jiggled it.  It took the error message off!

0 Kudos

Re: "This USB device requires more power" message when no USB plugged in

Jump to solution

It's showing this USB device requires more power use a power adapter but my PS5 is showing up on the screen of my TV why do I need a power adapter if it's showing

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: "This USB device requires more power" message when no USB plugged in

Jump to solution

@Jessewoods6130, it doesn't have anything to do with your PS5.  Do you have anything plugged into the USB port(s)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.