Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbcox
Streaming Star

Does Roku Stream 12.5 support Google Photos?

Hello, there were various articles discussing the features of Roku 12.5 and one of them was that Photo Streams would be able to integrate with Google Photos.  My Roku updated to 12.5 yesterday and the Photo streams app also upgraded, but I see no option to connect to Google Photos.  If you do a web search on "Google Photos Roku 12.5" all kinds of links show up discussing this new feature.  Am I missing something or were all these articles incorrect.

Edit: Apparently this is an announced feature, so how is it accessed?

Google Photos is now compatible with Roku Photo Streams: Connect your Google Photos account to share more of your special moments. When you create a new Roku Photo Stream, your TV turns into the biggest picture frame in your home.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
ArthurZey
Reel Rookie

Re: Does Roku Stream 12.5 support Google Photos?

I have the same issue. I don't see an obvious way to connect Google Photos to Roku Photo Streams.

I have also tried going into the Roku app (9.8.1.2480266) on my Pixel 7 Pro (Android 14) → profile icon (Account & settings) → Photo Streams, and I've tried creating a "New stream" or "Add Photos" to a stream, but no options to connect with Google Photos.

ghindman
Channel Surfer

Same issues here - no option to link Google Photos in either the website or phone app, as indicated in the how-to's. I have both standalone Roku and TCL Roku TV 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for flagging us about this feature. We have to communicate this with the right team for further review. We'll make sure to get back here with an update about this.

Again, thanks for your feedback, and it's much appreciated.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
CliffsideJim
Binge Watcher

And the answer is?

0 Kudos
ArthurZey
Reel Rookie

It eventually started working, inexplicably. (I guess it was a server-side flag they had to flip.) If I recall correctly, I got a notification somewhere that I could now link Google Photos with my Roku, and I ended up going through the setup flow, and it all worked out.

0 Kudos