Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Truhl01

Text size for subtitles isn't working.

Jump to solution

can't get the text size for subtitles to change to large. I've followed all of the on-line procedures. I change to LARGE yet it stays the same size when I go back and turn them on. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Text size for subtitles isn't working.

Jump to solution

Hi @Truhl01,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble changing the text size for subtitles. Thanks for letting us know about it.

We want to investigate this issue further, but we need more details. To help you better, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue.

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Does the issue occur on a specific content/channel?
  • Do you observe this behavior while using other channel(s) on your device?
  • Can you please provide a step-by-step description of the issue you are encountering?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, for channels that use the closed captioning settings available on your Roku device, three style elements—text, background, and window—can be customized. Closed captions can often be turned on or off during playback.

Note: Not all channels make this feature available.

For more detailed information, visit our Support article customizing closed captions.

In addition, below are links to instructions for activating and customizing closed captions on some common channels.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Truhl01,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble changing the text size for subtitles. Thanks for letting us know about it.

We want to investigate this issue further, but we need more details. To help you better, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue.

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Does the issue occur on a specific content/channel?
  • Do you observe this behavior while using other channel(s) on your device?
  • Can you please provide a step-by-step description of the issue you are encountering?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, for channels that use the closed captioning settings available on your Roku device, three style elements—text, background, and window—can be customized. Closed captions can often be turned on or off during playback.

Note: Not all channels make this feature available.

For more detailed information, visit our Support article customizing closed captions.

In addition, below are links to instructions for activating and customizing closed captions on some common channels.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Truhl01

Jump to solution

No need for me to answer your questions as your questions helped me figure it out. THANK YOU!! Once I saw you ask if it was just on one channel (Netflix) I checked other channels and they were all in larger font. I followed the link you provided for Netflix - followed the instructions and now everything is AS IT SHOULD BE!! Thank you so much!! Theresa

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Truhl01,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate you letting us know about this. We couldn't be happier to assist you, and we thank you for providing us with this fantastic opportunity.

We are more than glad that the issue was resolved, and we express our gratitude for your effort and understanding.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.