Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gypsyBytes
Binge Watcher

Re: Subtitles keep turning on

Jump to solution

Yeah, CBS and YouTube is where it happens for me too. 

And it did start about 2 days ago, wasn't paying attention to the updates,  but 2 days sounds right.

MikeKelehan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

YouTube isn't doing it to me, but CBS News still is. 

ginarae7

Jump to solution

CBSN is definitely impacted (with the annoying repeating auto-subtitles), but as Giantmetalrabit mentioned, Roku's recent update to build 4206-88 could actually be the root cause of the issue.  The past few days I've only used the Netflix, CBSN, and Pluto channels.  Netflix has been fine, but CBSN and Pluto both have the auto-subtitles problem.  I think this problem is Roku's.  Does Roku monitor these boards?

Giantmetalrabit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How coincidental that you asked about monitoring threads. I did a rate review and added a comment that (preferably) tech support should at least respond to grouped thread topics about irregular symptoms (whether a bug is being worked on or not) so customers understand they are being acknowledged. It would be beneficial in order to prevent attrition and possible sales decline....but what do I know?

RSC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I totally agree @Giantmetalrabit I would have expected a response from Roku’s tech support team or customer service as it’s pretty hard to believe nobody @ Roku is monitoring the posts on the Roku community!

Thndrbrd58

Jump to solution

Resetting captions off in each channel does not work. Resetting captions off in Accessibility does not work. Captions just automatically comes on ALL THE TIME. Your software needs to be diagnosed for error. It's the place where this has to be happening

LuvJmm
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It’s happening to my CBSN and Hulu apps. It’s Roku’s problem and not the first time it’s happened. They also typically don’t read these posts or respond. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LuvJmm,

We appreciate your contact.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.
Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blackhawkz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

no

GregLakes
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Removing CBSN then system restarting and adding back CBSN does not fix the issue. Verified this issue on another roku device and CBSN at a friends house too.

Hi @LuvJmm,

We appreciate your contact.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.
Thanks,

Mary