Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
countrylizzard
Streaming Star

Re: Software says it updated but its the same software version and the same build number

Jump to solution

Either way it worked and its updated. I dont notice much of a difference though. I was all on os 12.5.0 because when I bought the tv in april 2024 thats the only version it would update. Then today when I manually checkec for an update it gave me 13.0.0 version 24062 build. I remember they said the original 13 was pulled and would be re released so maybe thats what 13.0.0 is. 

0 Kudos
agottschling
Binge Watcher

Re: Software says it updated but its the same software version and the same build number

Jump to solution

@RokuAustin  Interesting. My TV has been stuck on 12.0.5 essentially since I bought it. Could you check if it somehow made it onto one of those lists? Feel free to PM me if you need serial number or whatever

countrylizzard
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Im sure thats prob what happened to my tv too although I never called them. I only spoke to them on chat online. Either way its updated so Im happy. I guess I'll just manually update every few month if it doesnt update on its own. 

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@agottschling wrote:

@RokuAustin  Interesting. My TV has been stuck on 12.0.5 essentially since I bought it. Could you check if it somehow made it onto one of those lists? Feel free to PM me if you need serial number or whatever

No worries, I can see your details. I'll check with the team and report back! Sorry you escalated this to our call center as well and didn't get results. We'll send you a PM and follow-up here as well. 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
westexlex

Jump to solution

Mine says 11.5.0

Build 4312.

This is not ok..I paid $129.00 and I want my update.

This is advertised as the newest, most powerful.

What gives, Roku?..

Getting ready to see what year this model came out.

Model # 4802R.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @westexlex.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you also encountered this update issue you're experiencing. We're here to take a closer look at your concern. 

In order to thoroughly review and investigate this matter, we kindly ask for your assistance in providing additional information to help us straighten things out:

• When did you notice this issue occur?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried in an attempt to resolve the issue?
  • Could you please provide the serial number of your Roku?
  • If there's any, a photo or a short video clip of the error can offer more insights.

In the meantime, if you haven't tried doing a manual software update, try performing it by navigating to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now and see if it makes any difference. 

Please remember to keep us updated with any additional details so that we can continue with the investigation.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express which has auto-updated a number of times, and I have manually updated many times. It is Software Version 12.5.5.4174 and says it updating to 13.1.4.1510. No matter how many times, it always still says it's running 12.5.5... This has been going on for months. I'm not too worried because it functions fine, but am curious as to why it goes through the process and does not take the update? Is it a bad unit or has an OS glitch?

0 Kudos