Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viosde

[OS 14.0.4] Issue with opening the channel page in Channel Store after updating Roku Ultra from vers

After updating Roku Ultra from version 13.1.4 to version 14.0.4, I can no longer open the channel page in the Channel Store using the command launch/11?contentID=XX.

I am developing an iOS app and a Roku channel. To navigate to my channel's page in the Channel Store, the iOS app uses the command http://myroku.dom.ain:8060/launch/11?contentID=XX (where XX is the app ID).

After updating to version 14.0.4, when the mobile app sends the command launch/11?contentID=XX, the Roku device opens the Channel Store on the home page, but it no longer navigates to the channel page. Before the update to OS 14.0.4, the Channel Store would open and navigate to the app page (XX), where the user just needed to press the button on the remote to install the channel.

Could you please advise how, in OS 14.0.4, I can open the Channel Store on my channel’s page as it worked before version 14.0.4?

Additionally, I have noticed that the official Roku mobile app crashes when the user tries to install a channel on a Roku device with OS 14.0.4.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 14.0.4] Issue with opening the channel page in Channel Store after updating Roku Ultra fr...

Hi @viosde,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are encountering issues navigating the channel store using the Roku Mobile app controller after updating the Roku Ultra to OS 14.0.4. We would be more than willing to sort this out for you.

To further investigate the issue, we would like to know the following details below:

• Model of your mobile device
  • OS version of your Mobile device
  • The version of the Roku Mobile app
  • Model of your Roku Ultra
  • What Specific channel you were trying to add?

In the meantime, could you please try to add another channel to see if the app is still crashing?

Providing this information will help us to look closely into the issue. We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: [OS 14.0.4] Issue with opening the channel page in Channel Store after updating Roku Ultra from

@viosde-

This sounds like a question about a channel you have developed or are developing.

You've posted to a forum for Roku users, where few readers, if any (including forum moderators), will be able to help. The Developers forums are a couple of doors down the hall: https://community.roku.com/t5/Developers/ct-p/channel-developers

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.