Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adw76
Reel Rookie

Re: Search option missing on home screen

Jump to solution

Thank you for your detailed reply. I would understand that the application is not available if it was not available in the country in question for legal reasons. But for example Hotstar is available here but not installed on Roku. 

Besides none of the information I saw online before buying it made it clear that ROKU is regional and what works where, it seemed to be a universal alternative to owning a smart tv with those channels pre installed. Even after I purchased and researched in depth I only found this out through your answer. 

Netflix and Apple TV work perfectly so no complains about the device itself ... but yeah that not even the main for channels work (while those are officially available in Indoensia) is very disappointing to say the least.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

For what it’s worth, I searched for: what countries is roku available in

in a couple of popular search engines and got answers on the first page of results.

Another way to get some information is to check the channel store

https://channelstore.roku.com

Look in the lower right corner. It lists which country’s channel store is being viewed.  If your country isn’t listed there (first sign of trouble) click on (change) and you’ll get a list of countries with channel stores.  If yours isn’t in that list, then that’s a really bad sign.

By the way, you mention it as a “universal alternative to owning a smart tv” but there’s no guarantee that any smart TV sold in any specific location has any app you might want either.  Especially if you buy a TV that isn’t even specifically marketed/officially sold in your country.

I believe Roku is generally reputed to have the most apps in general, but possibly the not the most apps in some specific region, nor does it guarantee any specific app.

Banned but back. Because why not?
diagonjope

Jump to solution

Same here for the same type of device.  This is obviously a bug that Roku has not been able to fix. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @diagonjope,

Warm greetings here in the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be glad to investigate further with this concern that you have. Could you send us a photo of the search option that you are referring to? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bjordan419

Jump to solution

The search is missing on both my players.  All I have is Home, Streaming Channels and Settings. What's the solution?

4/18/24

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bjordan419 ,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are missing the ''Search'' feature on your Roku streaming players. 

To investigate this matter further, may we know if you made any changes to your location that could have affected the features of your streaming players? For our reference, could you also provide us a photo of the homepage of both of your devices?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrslewis

Jump to solution

Nothing is coming up when I try to search from the roku home screen it keeps try again it wasn't doing this before I set up a new roku television please help 

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Mrslewis!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. We would be delighted to offer our assistance.

Firstly, may we know if you tried to do a system restart on your device by going to Settings > System > Power > System Restart to see if it fixes the issue? In addition, it would be great if you could send us a photo to use as a reference.

We apologize for any inconvenience that might caused you but we are eagerly anticipating your response and will thoroughly investigate this matter. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Taofeek

Jump to solution

Greetings !

My TCL ROKU TV is linked to my email address, but I am experiencing issues with the search option on the home screen. Despite my previous communication to Roku Support, the problem has not yet been resolved. My request number is #(9763645)

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

Thanks for reaching out about this. Please be aware that Roku Search is available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States, and in Spanish in Mexico and the United States.

If you don't have this option on your Roku streaming device, you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where the channel provider may not offer that channel.

You'll want to ensure you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? 

Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How to factory reset your Roku streaming device

We hope this helps!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.