Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Search bar on home screen

Recently, Roku added a combined Search and Continue Watching to the list of channels. It's above the top home, or below the last entry. Right where the two rollover when you scroll up from  home.

It was OK at first, but now on one of my Roku's, EVERY TIME I wake it up from sleep, it is sitting at that Search line instead of the last used channel. This is NOT acceptable.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

Re: Search bar on home screen

Please allow users to disable things like this, it's already easy to search on Roku and I don't need everyone to see my continue watching list. It also includes titles from an app I don't even have installed anymore...

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @andyross @Paleogirl2003,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about a concern you've encountered with the Roku interface. Kindly be informed that we appreciate your feedback, and we value your input. Rest assured that we'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jimsz
Streaming Star

This feature and previously watched are garbage. Just more useless items in the home screen that you can't remove. Expect this nonsense from Firestick, not roku.