Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen stuck on homescreen

This morning my Roku loaded up to my home screen that have been updated to an ad for Disney Encanto and now it will not allow my controller to select any of my channels nor will it do anything else. Everything was fine last night before they uploaded the ad. Is anyone else having problems?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
maineac19

Re: Screen stuck on homescreen

Mine TV is the same way, stuck on the home page and the remote does not work.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen stuck on homescreen

Hi, @Afrancis1971 @maineac19.

Greetings from the Roku Community. Thank you for letting us know about the issues you've encountered with your Roku remote.

Please provide us with the following details so we can better assess your concern and find you the best resolution possible. 

• What specific Roku device is this remote currently paired to? Perhaps you can provide us with the serial number of it.
  • Is this the remote that comes with that device? If not, what specific remote is this, and when and where did you purchase it? Here's how to help you Identify your Roku remote

In the meantime, we suggest trying these steps:

• If this is a battery-operated remote, try removing/inserting it's batteries and re-pair it again.
  • Change its batteries and re-pair it again.
  • If this is a rechargeable remote, try resetting it by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. Then, pair it again.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.