Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
battlebasset
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku pop up menu guide keeps appearing on screen

Thanks - I tried, but no change.  Sigh.

0 Kudos
Jacobsen22

In the live TV app. Channel guide for over the air HDTV. TV Guide is not showing any information. It just says no information available. TV is connected to the Internet. I contacted TCL and they said get ahold of you guys. After going through several trouble shooting steps.

0 Kudos
RParker
Reel Rookie

Well we're on the same boat I know what I'm doing put the pickaxe through it and going getting something else that's it for Roku I am done

rcholden63
Reel Rookie

I can see I'm not alone with this menu pop-up issue.

I did exactly what you mentioned, sent to disabled and after more than 20 minutes, NO MORE POP UPS! 

If this fix holds for me, I'm very happy.

What is curious as others have pointed out, this did seem to begin happening in December when OTA and streaming channel guides were messed together, plus I don't recall seeing a pop-up during commercial breaks.

So far so good on this fix.  Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
rcholden63
Reel Rookie

Sorry, thought I was replying direct to post from eDM who offered this fix.  To repeat what was in that post:

Settings - System - Advanced System - Control by mobile apps - Network access - Disabled.

He put it back to Default and it continued to work.

I left it disabled and it continues to work for me.

What the heck do mobile apps have to do with pop-up menus is beyond me but who cares as this "fix" worked.

0 Kudos
rcholden63
Reel Rookie

Ok, this fix does not work across the board. My bad, very disappointing.

I was watching March Madness game on CBS OTA antenna and after doing the fix, didn't see a pop-up for well over a half hour.

BUT, at the end of game, I switched to golf tournament on NBC and the pop-ups started after the first minute!!

So this tells me the issue may have something to do the OTA station ??

0 Kudos
TvUser2
Reel Rookie

I have attempted every option given on this community site and even sadder Roku from what I understand has not chimed in. I still feel it is a glitch in the last update made around December. I tried the disengage and even default back for the remote apps. I even deleted the Roku app on my phone wondering if it is the connectivity to the auto connect your phone has yet to no avail. That cursed menu pop up shows it's ugly face.  The only option I have not done is reset the TV to original state which is a headache depending on how many stations/apps you are service to as well as added to the TV. I will decide by this weekend to consider and will post if it is a success. ROKU where are you? Also I have 4 Hisense Roku tvs two 50 r60, one 55r6e and one I want to say is 65r. All are experiencing the issue. If anyone has already reset their Roku tv regardless of brand let us know if the pop up is still happening. Most appreciative. I'd like to say I'd give up yet I have invested every room I wanted a TV in except the outside one and I'm running that through. Roku express so an I stuck until I need to replace TV's. Most likely. It is a great product just that annoying popup and if caption required I feel even more for those customers requiring that. Roku let's hear from you please.

u_r_o_k
Channel Surfer

I'm trying this. so far so good, TBD

Roku TV, navigate to the Settings menu, and select Privacy. From here, click Smart TV experience and uncheck the box for Use info from TV inputs (Jan 19, 2022)

0 Kudos
BongoMike
Binge Watcher

Already had that Unchecked and still getting pop-ups. Also a new glitch-when I come back to my Live TV app from another app instead of it going to the channel I was on previously, it'll go to the very top channel which is ch 4 in my case-Strange and fyi. Roku, You're Killing Us with these Un-User Friendly Updates!

0 Kudos
jurassical
Binge Watcher

Re: Unwanted Info Auto Pop-up on Live TV

EXACTLY!!! Thought about resetting to factory settings but with this post and the fact that other problems over the last couple of years have netted zero results to clear such problems, I'll be waiting for the next fix from Roku OS programmers.

0 Kudos