Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express crashes after connecting to wifi

@Brentpeterson84,

I can take a closer look for more information about this and have this case escalated to the right team. We just need to have the exact serial number of this device that has an issue to see more option about it.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brentpeterson84
Channel Surfer

I would have gladly entered this in on the warranty replacement process had your website been working appropriately.  S/N is SOHAK2DPYFRL, Model 3941X2.  Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Brentpeterson84,

Thanks for the update!

We have reviewed this on our end could you tell us how are you powering this device? Is this connected to a wall outlet or directly to your TV USB port?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brentpeterson84
Channel Surfer

OMG - Wall outlet with the supplied charger.  Seriuosly folks this is utterly rediculous.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Brentpeterson84,

Thanks for the update!

I sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ford306
Channel Surfer

Hi Rey,

my devices serial is X00400104SHU and I too have tried a wall outlet with no luck.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ford306,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please allow us to assist you once more. Kindly provide us with the specific details so we can determine the issue on our end.

• What error message or code are you getting after trying to connect to your network?
  • How far is your Roku Express from your network router?
  • Have you tried restarting your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ford306
Channel Surfer

Hi Eunice,

It crashes after connecting to WiFi, when it says checking for update, it then will not boot again until it has been reset with the reset button, but does the same once connected to WiFi again, it is approximately 2 feet away from a network mesh node, the network reboots every night and this hasn’t worked for days now, it always worked perfectly with this network setup until a few days ago, nothing has changed. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ford306,

Thanks for the quick response!

We understand you are having problems streaming with your Roku device. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Please provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  4. Troubleshooting steps you have taken to try resolving the issue.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ford306
Channel Surfer

image.jpg

Hopefully the info you need is in this picture, as, like I mentioned, it will not boot, it just crashes, I am suspicious maybe it’s a bad update, is it possible to force a fresh install of the os via usb or anything?

0 Kudos