Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casualvex

Re: Class Action? Anyone Interested

I’ll take my $5 and short their stock, then.  The point is to scare off other companies who consider this, and hopefully to make the corporate counsel famous in future law school textbooks. 

Bsbs
Binge Watcher

Re: Class Action? Anyone Interested

My concern relates with ROKU’s indiscriminate blocking of access to emergency weather information and local news. Blocking access to these channels places thousands (or more) at risk. Technology as it relates to access through a “ROKU” formatted device is not readily understandable by many individuals. Factor in the addition of ROKU’s customers who are low vision, do not have English as their language of origin, or are cognitively challenged totals a large group of individuals being victimized by ROKU. ROKU’s reckless disregard relating to their customers safety by blocking access to emergency weather information, local emergency news alerts, and withholding services that have been paid for reflects a tyrannical and immoral corporate mentality. Any adult who wishes to trivialize this concern, lack’s compassion. 

0 Kudos
cstout18

Re: User Agreement Update / Hostage Unit

I SAW THIS ON MY SCREEN AND I READ THROUGH IT AND IT SEEMS THAT THEY'RE EXPECTING SOME KIND OF A ARBITRATION AND THEY'RE TRYING TO GET US TO AGREE IMMEDIATELY TO NOT SUE THEM. I DO NOT AGREE AND I WILL NOT EVER AGREE TO THAT. SO THEY ARE TAKING OFF PROACTIVE APPROACH. IT'S CRAZY CUZ THEY WASN'T EVEN LET ME SAY THE WORD LS SO I HAD TO USE ARBITRATION INSTEAD

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@cstout18 the terms of use agreement you already accepted when you set up your Roku already had arbitration as the method of addressing any grievances. This update did not change that. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Just stopped by to tell Roku they can go **bleep** themselves. I will not accept the TOS and have already unplugged my Ultra from the internet. If it will continue to work as a media player, fine. If not, I have a nice 16 oz hammer that will be introducing itself the Ultra.

Needless to say, I'll never consider purchasing any product that has Roku associated with it.

Great job guys.

0 Kudos
AJCxZ0
Streaming Star

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

My post yesterday detailing my experience testing my devices and following up with Roku Support mysteriously disappeared. My second, beginning

Roku Community post 2024-03-06.png

was marked as spam and removed. I have submitted an "abuse report" to let the Moderator know it was not spam, so I'm sure that post will be back imminently and I can remove this one.

Roku Community post removed notice 2024-03-07.png

There was no notification on this site or email indicating that the post had been removed. The only way I knew it had been removed was by keeping a tab open with that post, then trying to load it in another to check that it had not silently disappeared like the previous one.

BettyKAF

Thursday

Dan,

Thanks for your suggestion. I pressed the home button a couple of times.  The message didn't go away. and I still haven't been able watch my Roku tv this week.  I'm quite frustrated.

Sunfish

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@BettyKAF yeah, it appeared Roku wised up and took away the ability to clear the message. Really horrible way to get the information out, especially since it's really a very minor update to the terms of service agreement. Everyone is up in arms about the arbitration piece, but that was already there in the previous TOS. In the end it's really almost nothing of a change. Why Roku decided this was the way to get the information out is beyond me. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
BLAlley

Our Rokus are going in the trash.  If they made it that complicated to opt out then it means they are planning to screw us over even more in the future and are covering their asses now.

Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku can take their coercive TOS and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Tame word?  This forum won’t even let us discuss The **bleep** Van **bleep** Show! 😀

Banned but back. Because why not?