Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lrsouthern

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

And what happens if we all say no?! $60 for two tv's down the drain...

0 Kudos
MrPink
Streaming Star

Re: User Agreement Update / Hostage Unit

First, they decided that there were certain previously available channels I would no longer be allowed to watch.

Then, they decided that private channels would no longer be supported.

Now, they're holding devices hostage.

I hereby demand, ROKU, that you BUY BACK ALL OF MY DEVICES.

Rkisscrap

Re: Coerced acceptance of new terms... Will not purchase a Roku TV again.

Yeah. Well...I never got the popup on any of my Rokus and now I can't use them. 

I was never GIVEN the option to agree by this dumbs*** company.

They took someone who always told people how Roku was better than Amazon Fire and gave me a reason to ditch Roku completely.

Frass

why Am I being forced to sign an agreement on my tv?

We'll connect you with an advisor as soon as we can. Vignesh joined the chat Vignesh 5:25 pm Sounds awesome! I'm thrilled to hear that the issue is resolved. James Stokes 5:25 pm what is this message on my tv? Fwd: We’ve updated our Dispute Resolution Terms Vignesh 5:26 pm Kindly ignore the pervious chat Vignesh 5:27 pm May I know what kind of device you are using.? James Stokes 5:27 pm This message on my tv will not let me operate my roku. James Stokes 5:28 pm it is device that hooks up to my tv Vignesh 5:29 pm Can you please clink on the agree button. James Stokes 5:30 pm Why? What am I agreeing too? it's pages of mumbo jumbo. Vignesh 5:31 pm It is a new update nothing to worry about James Stokes 5:34 pm NO -I will not agree to something I know nothing about! ...and this is illegal forcing me to agree to this in order to continue my 'paid-for' service. Remove it immediately! Vignesh 5:37 pm This update is for security reason and so kindly click on agree for this time. James Stokes 5:39 pm How about my security in having to click on it? I don't trust this. James Stokes 5:39 pm I want to talk to management. James Stokes 5:41 pm are you going to answer? Read Vignesh left the chat Automated message 5:42 pm Your chat session has ended. If you still need help, please reply here in the next 15 minutes to be connected to another advisor.

Lyntim
Reel Rookie

Re: Coerced acceptance of new terms... Will not purchase a Roku TV again.

HELP!!  I have contacted both the customer service numbers; spoke with 2 women with broken English; and, the "help" they gave me did nothing.  I have not had a "screen pop-up" or email from Roku where I can agree to the terms (have NO problem with them).  So, my question is:  How/where do I find this thing so I can agree to the terms?  Please and THANK YOU, thank you, thank you for any help.

BarbML

Re: User Agreement Update / Hostage Unit

I'm not counsel and you almost need one to explain this agreement. Should anyone have to get counsel just to pay for a service?

Can anyone point to any part of this seemingly one-sided agreement that covers the consumer's rights (besides arbitration) for example for any gross negligence and resulting harm?

FYI, I just got a TOS from another online service I have that besides an arbitration agreement it says it doesn't exclude responsibility for personal injury caused by their negligence etc, etc. I still don't understand it that much but it sounded more considerate than Roku.

dave247
Reel Rookie

Re: Dispute Resolution Terms Blocking Access to TV Functionalities

Delete

0 Kudos
NoMoreTvsByU
Reel Rookie

Yeah I’m done with roku cause of your anti consumer views.

Latest mandatory agreement to allow me to use it basically a big FU to me as a consumer. Agree to our terms or you can’t use **bleep** you bought.  I’ll be taking your tv out to the trash.  Enjoy that stock price dip.  

andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Yeah I’m done with roku cause of your anti consumer views.

Just be aware that 99+% of electronics and most anything you buy these days has the same terms...

0 Kudos
o2night
Streaming Star

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

@mop_891 wrote:

I'm done with this. Want to have a hissy fit about this? Feel free. I've got more important things to be concerned about. Anyone who did not know the terms of service before they use it, has no one else to blame. That what's going on here, People had no idea what the terms are.

This is the second time you've had a little temper tantrum because others don't agree with you..  This is a SERIOUS issue.  If you don't agree or you dont feel you have an issue with this, nobody is holding you hostage.  Feel free to leave the discussion.

0 Kudos