Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pele

Roku Streambar - dynamic wallpaper gone

Jump to solution

For approximately a month now, all of the dynamic wallpaper disappeared from my Roku Streambar, save Roku City. I used to have the seasons dynamic wallpaper downloaded, but it is no longer an option.

Is there a way to get these back? It's not the end of the world, but I am disappointed in Roku to have this happen. I can't imagine it was taking up a bunch of room or caused maintance issues. 

Nothing wrong with leaving well enough alone.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar - dynamic wallpaper gone

Jump to solution

Hello! @Pele,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about the seasonal dynamic wallpaper. We're happy to help.

Several times a year, like Valentine's Day or Halloween, Roku releases seasonal themes that only appear briefly. Your Roku device will automatically display a seasonal theme and switch back after it expires.

Seasonal themes are enabled by default. You can disable them using the following instructions.

1. Open the Themes menu using steps 1 through 3 from above
  2. Select Seasonal themes
  3. Select Off to disable seasonal themes (or select On to enable them)

Disabling Sponsored Wallpapers under Settings/Theme/Sponsored Wallpapers/[Off].

In addition to selecting a theme pack, you can further personalize your Roku device by:

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Pele,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about the seasonal dynamic wallpaper. We're happy to help.

Several times a year, like Valentine's Day or Halloween, Roku releases seasonal themes that only appear briefly. Your Roku device will automatically display a seasonal theme and switch back after it expires.

Seasonal themes are enabled by default. You can disable them using the following instructions.

1. Open the Themes menu using steps 1 through 3 from above
  2. Select Seasonal themes
  3. Select Off to disable seasonal themes (or select On to enable them)

Disabling Sponsored Wallpapers under Settings/Theme/Sponsored Wallpapers/[Off].

In addition to selecting a theme pack, you can further personalize your Roku device by:

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kdrama59

Jump to solution

My dynamic wallpapers are also gone.

I've had my Roku HD 4K streambar for almost a year. And, during that time I was able to access all six winter, spring, summer, and fall dynamic wallpapers. But, for some reason, they were removed about two months ago. 

The six dynamic wallpapers are still available on my two Roku ultra devices,

I'm not sure you understand what's being asked? They are permanent dynamic wallpapers, not temporary ones. 

The six dynamic wallpapers are: "Winter is Whimsical", "Fall is Fantastical", "Summer in the Bay", "Spring in the Park", "Winter in the Park", and "Fall in the Park".

I have done multiple restarts. Pulled the plug multiple times. I have both Wallpaper Animations, and Seasonal Wallpapers "ON". The problem started before my streambar updated to the software version 13.1.4. So, I don't believe it has anything to do with the update.

Unfortunately Roku, I believe the problem is something only you can fix. So, please fix this issue with the dynamic wallpapers. I love being able to change my home screens wallpaper.

Thank you!

jlfurler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. Suddenly those same wallpapers have disappeared for me as well, but they remain on my other Roku devices. Never understood why it seems that nothing stays the same from device to device, even if you're signed in on all of them. Would be nice if stuff didn't disappear and it was a much more seamless experience across devices.

RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @jlfurler.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to assist you further about having an issue with your wallpaper.

Here are some troubleshooting you can try:

1. System Restart - Home > Settings > System >Power > System Restart.
  2. Software Update - Home > Settings > System > Software Update > Check now.

Furthermore, you may also visit this support article on how to change the theme pack to adjust the look of the Roku interface

If you need further clarification and assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.