Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ron1w
Channel Surfer

Remove Search from Home Screen , or hide popular free movies.

Is there a way to remove or hide that free popular movies that appear on roku , or completly remove the Search section ? This is the kind of recomended Free movies that appear on Roku , and i have kids in my house.  Even when they cant reproduce that movies , i dont want movies like that appearing in the recomendation. 

IMG_20240227_195634.jpg

UPDATE :

This function does not exist yet , please send a mail in : 

https://support.roku.com/contactus/email-form

The idea is to push for them to add the feature of hiding popular free movies in future updates. This is what I wrote : 

Good morning, is there a way to ask them to evaluate adding a function and be heard?
There are many of us who are asking for the option to hide the Free Popular Movies from the Search Option, that option is full of sexual content that is impossible to hide since it is not an ADS. How can we make a request to be able to hide these movies in future updates?

Labels (1)
15 REPLIES 15
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remove Browse from Home Screen , or hide popular free movies.

Hi @ron1w,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your feedback about this and I hear you. Let's see if you can rid of it by navigating to Settings>>Home Screen>> Recommended rows and then select hide.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ron1w
Channel Surfer

Re: Remove Search from Home Screen , or hide popular free movies.

Not working, When i go to  Settings > Home Screen , appears What to Watch (hide) , Save List (hide) , and Shorcuts.

This appear when i go to the option "Search" , then appears "Popular Free Movies"  ,  this make no sense , i can hide all the sexual content inside apps with profiles, but i cant hide erotic movies from appear directly in Roku

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@ron1w,

Thanks for the prompt response, and thanks for sharing additional details.

In this case, then we'll get you covered with this: How to block content using parental controls.

Although there isn't a universal parental control option on your Roku® streaming device to limit access to content on all streaming channels, you can establish access limits depending on ratings in specific scenarios, such as the ones listed below:

• Set up rating-based playback restrictions within the Roku Channel.
  • Set up built-in parental control features on other popular streaming channels that offer these features.
  • Configure your Roku TVTM to restrict viewing of programs on "over-the-air" broadcast television.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ron1w
Channel Surfer

Thanks, so that there is not solution for that 😢  Parental controls prevent this content from playing, but do not prevent it from being displayed.

As I said, they can't play those movies, but neither is the idea that these titles appear for children who wouldn't have to see these images.   

Must be a good idea the possibilitie to hide that titles in the future. 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@ron1w,

Thanks for the update and for acknowledging this!

I'll take care of this and share this feedback to the concerned team for further review.

Again, we really do appreciate your report about this. 

In there's anything else we can do to further assist you. Feel free to get back here and we'll assist.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pims

I would also like a fix for this. There are some real inappropriate title on there. It makes no sense to have these titles out in the open.

please create a solution. 

An1010

I also have that problem very inappropriate and considering selling and buying a Samsung, better to pay more than deal with this!!!  if they won’t think to protect children!!! This is what comes up on my screen 

D5FAFB2D-802F-458B-B5DA-38A48BBB9B38.jpeg

ron1w
Channel Surfer

Unfortunately I have had to use an Android TV box, it's a shame since I really like how Roku works. I have a Roku Express and a Roku TV, regarding the Roku TV there is not much I can do. 😕

0 Kudos

Same here, no solution for that ?