Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregm60
Channel Surfer

HDCP errors after receiving the update.

Tonight my Roku Ultra 4800x updated to version 13.0.0 without warning.  The program I was watching froze, and the system became unresponsive.  I've seen this sort of thing before, so I tried waiting it out.  The Roku remained unresponsive so I cut power and restarted.  After rebooting I checked the menu and saw that I was upgraded to 13.0.0.  After restarting, I was plagued with HDCP errors, (something I have seen before after an upgrade).  A second reboot seems to have resolved this.   My question is... Why is the system update process still so ugly after all these years?  Shouldn't it be more interactive?   

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HDCP errors after receiving the update.

Hi @Gregm60,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced recently. We strive to provide our customers with the best service possible and understand that we may have fallen short in this instance.

Thank you for bringing the HDCP error to our attention. We appreciate your feedback and would like to know if the issue still persists or if you have encountered any other problems since the update. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you require further assistance.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos