Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavefromFlint
Reel Rookie

Re: Remove 'On Now" row from home screen?

Remove "now on"

What's next are you going to force tiktok on us?

Please remove. 

TeedOff
Binge Watcher

YES... please remove this **bleep** that I will never watch... but first, PLEASE re-install the concept of channel numbers..

Update:  
Seriously???  the word  C  R  A  P is automatically filtered with **bleep**??   Just how sensitive are you precious little snowflakes??  Please hand over your participation trophy.

0 Kudos

I solved this!  

Buy an Apple TV, plug it into the HDMI input, and never access the Roku OS and that horrible and forced "On Now" section!!!

SMD98

Completely agree.  I have no use for this row, it's disruptive, a distraction and really serves no purpose. At the very least I should be able to move it as I can with all my channels.  ROKU, please listen!!!  

number40Fan
Binge Watcher

Another useless feature not needed.

cuulblu1
Channel Surfer

Give it time. Apple will force feed you something eventually.

jackstraw65
Binge Watcher

To clarify the problem:  I have spent the time to customize my Roku home page to be simple and uncluttered, thus 'easy on the eye". This unwanted/un-asked for "on now" row is CLUTTER. To add insult to injury, the actual shows being pushed are **bleep** that I would never watch... (Good Morning America live stream????)

Hawk128
Reel Rookie

Mine seems to be gone as of last night. We’ll see what happens when I watch tonight on Roku 🤞

mariamarsala
Channel Surfer

I still see mine 😞

BonERob

i did an online chat with remove on now tabs and he told me to do a factory reboot.  Well I did and guess what?  It's still there and i had to restart everything and all my passwords!  So annoying! I don't like the on now tab and they put it on top, why not put it at the bottom.  we buy the devices to stream out programs, they are not free devices.  We should be able to put what ever channels we want on OUR ROKU they should not force us to look at what we want to watch.

When my roku's needs updating im going to look for another streaming device.