Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VH1r2

Re: Remove 'On Now" row from home screen?

Well, I really hate it, I cannot delete it or hide it.

So fix it so we have the option to hide it.

If Roku will not give us that option I'll get another vendors streaming device. 

Hawk128
Reel Rookie

Do NOT want this on my home screen!

odditude

Agreed with all, please make this optional. Even beside the annoyance factor of an unwanted change, it's added additional button presses to get to everything I want (since it shifted down all of my channels by a row), breaking (in my case) years of muscle memory and generally making interactions more frustrating.

zmonkey

Yes, so in the future, Roku, when you decide to add a new "feature" to your devices, maybe don't assume that people are going to like and/or use it. You essentially added an extra step to pretty much every single person's experience with your device that makes it less efficient, more annoying, and consumes more bandwidth for zero benefit. You've single-handedly worsened your product's value across the entire product line for a vast majority (I'm assuming) of your users. The simple addition of a "remove this bar" using the options button would have eliminated all complaints while still giving some portion of your user base a new feature. I'd consider this a top priority to remedy if I were you, because as it is now, I will never recommend Roku to anyone or purchase another Roku product in the future.

This is horrible REMOVE "On Now" immediately! 

mrD007

I AGREE!! GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO TURN THIS OFF.   Also, let me be able to manage which "on now" channels I want to see.  I don't want to see any Anti-American CNN or MNBC news channels on my home screen.

KaitBoom

Glad I’m not the only one! My Roku already struggles when starting up and will restart on its own so having to load something from the internet really messes with the start up even more. And it’s incredibly annoying it’s above my apps that I want and have placed in a certain way that I like. Do not like at all. Don’t force anything on me, give people the option to do what they please with their home screens. SMH. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience in using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
cuulblu1
Channel Surfer

I'm casting my vote to remove the on now From the home screen. It was not broke before you fixed it. I am so tired of my services constantly updating the home screens to confuse me and make me have to search for what was there before.

cuulblu1
Channel Surfer

I'm casting my vote to have the on now area removed from the home screen as well. It wasn't broke before so why did you fix it? It's broke now. I'm so tired of services constantly changing the home screen apparently in an attempt to get me to watch stuff I don't wanna watch because you're hiding the stuff I do wanna watch