Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KSarwee
Reel Rookie

Re: How to turn off voice description setting on Roku

Jump to solution

If you are experiencing this issue while in Disney+ Try the following:

Play your program. The movie, show, etc. has to be playing for this to work.

Next press the star button on Roku remote.

Next, click on Accessibility & captions.

Next, click on Audio Track.

Next, use right arrow button to get to next screen to select language.

Next, scroll to an English setting (if that's the language you prefer). But look at the description above the word English. Be sure it does not include Audio Description. I selected the English setting that had (English, AAC, stereo) 

You should notice that the voice description is now off. 

Unfortunately, you have to do this every time you log into that app to play a movie.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bobcat1957,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

For a list of Channel contact information, visit our Roku Support here: Channel contact list | Official Roku Support

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
bobcat1957
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do you choose a different track? The audio track under accessibility & captions is on default and there is no option to change it. I've tried everything else including reboot but nothing works! Ugh

0 Kudos
KSarwee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After you click on Audio Track do the following.

Use right arrow button to get to next screen to select language.

Next, scroll to an English setting (if that's the language you prefer). But look at the description above the word English. Be sure it does not include Audio Description. I selected the English setting that had (English, AAC, stereo) 

You should notice that the voice description is now off. 

Unfortunately, you have to do this every time you log into that app to play a movie.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
bobcat1957
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine only has English as default  no other option and audio track only has default!'SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bobcat1957,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

For a list of Channel contact information, visit our Roku Support here: Channel contact list | Official Roku Support

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bobcat1957-

Wrong language or verbal description of action on screen when watching program

Some programs contain multiple audio tracks that can be selected, such as different languages or verbal action descriptions for the visually impaired.

The Roku default method of accessing your choice of audio track is to press the * key on your Roku remote while viewing the program and examining the options presented.

But more and more channels are not using the Roku default but substituting their own method of access -- I'm guessing this is so they will have consistent controls with versions of their app running on platforms other than Roku. Often these options are accessed by pressing the up and/or down cursor control keys while viewing the program to pop the channel's own control options on the screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos