Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patthekat
Streaming Star

Purchased Screensaver that has no photos and jammed streaming services

Jump to solution

I purchased the RNDM screensaver yesterday on my Roku device.  I looked at the Preview and liked the photos.  After it was installed, and I clicked to initiate it, a notice appeared "We couldn't find that photo" on everything that appeared.  I unsubscribed from the screensaver, but when I turned on my Sony TV today, I wasn't able to watch any of my streaming services because the screensaver took over and I can't get rid of it and I can't get out of it, even after shutting down the TV, unplugging the power cord from my Roku stick and pairing my remote.  I can't get rid of it and there's no one to communicate with at Roku about this.  Has anyone ever had this problem?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Purchased Screensaver that has no photos and jammed streaming services

Jump to solution

Hey @Patthekat,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We certainly want to help you regarding with your screensaver and interface issues. The first troubleshooting step here should be unplugging the power cord of the TV, Roku device, including the HDMI, and wait for 1 minute before plugging everything back in. Make sure your Roku remote is paired with the Roku device to ensure navigation. After these steps, do a restart from Settings > System > System Restart.

If the issue persists, please let us know and we'll continue to assist further.

Sending you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Patthekat,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We certainly want to help you regarding with your screensaver and interface issues. The first troubleshooting step here should be unplugging the power cord of the TV, Roku device, including the HDMI, and wait for 1 minute before plugging everything back in. Make sure your Roku remote is paired with the Roku device to ensure navigation. After these steps, do a restart from Settings > System > System Restart.

If the issue persists, please let us know and we'll continue to assist further.

Sending you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Patthekat
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you for your very quick response, Kash.  I won't be able to tackle it until tomorrow but I'll let you know if that works. I'm thinking it may not because I can't even get to Roku settings. After I get the Google/Bravia home page, I am usually able to use my Roku remote to get to HDMI 1 (Roku stick) and it'll go to my Roku streaming services. I changed batteries until I was able to get the green flashing light on the remote so it would pair with my Roku, but the TV wouldn't acknowledge it.  I have been using the Sony remote to see some things by putting in my username and password for each streaming services, thus eliminating my cable provider. Yeah, I can't even watch cable.  

0 Kudos
Patthekat
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Bless your heart, Takashi!!!  It worked!!! Your suggestion worked!!! Thank you so, so much!!!

PS  I once had a boyfriend named Takashi, and I know you're not him because he passed away.  Thank you again.  I've changed the screensaver so that nasty one doesn't jam things up again. 

0 Kudos