Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS 12.0 update for 4801rw?

Jump to solution

4801x is on the list of supported devices, but not my model: 4801rw.

Is the "x" a filler or are these two different models?

OS 12.0 has not updated on my device yet, so I'm just seeking clarification. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OS 12.0 update for 4801rw?

Jump to solution

@SSDT2023Shine 

The "x" or "rw" are just distribution/retailer codes.  The devices are exactly the same.

Roku updates are phased rollouts.  It may take weeks to months for every Roku device to be updated after an update announcement is made.  Since not all updates to the Roku OS goes smoothly (aka, bugs), not always a bad thing to not be early in the update process.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@SSDT2023Shine 

The "x" or "rw" are just distribution/retailer codes.  The devices are exactly the same.

Roku updates are phased rollouts.  It may take weeks to months for every Roku device to be updated after an update announcement is made.  Since not all updates to the Roku OS goes smoothly (aka, bugs), not always a bad thing to not be early in the update process.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@SSDT2023Shine-

@To add to @AvsGunnar 's reply:

Roku is gradually rolling out an update of its operating software from version 11.5 to 12.0, individual Roku installation by individual Roku installation, with an update schedule known only to Roku.  If you have multiple Rokus, they may not become eligible for the update at the same time, even if they are the same Roku model.       

I'm always happy if I get an update late in the cycle as they'll have most of the inevitable bugs corrected before they get to me.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos