Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ninko
Binge Watcher

Screen mirroring keeps freezing

Hi,

This feature use to work with my current set up a few years back, but now when screening mirroring from my windows 10 laptop, the picture keeps freezing for a few seconds before working for 10-20 seconds, then it will freeze again.

Any help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Screen mirroring keeps freezing

Hello @Ninko

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Are your laptop and Roku device on or using the same network? How long has the issue been occurring?

We recommend doing basic troubleshooting steps on your device and checking if these steps would resolve: How to screen mirror your Android or Windows phone to your Roku streaming device 

Hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Ninko
Binge Watcher

By channels, I assume you mean WiFi channels? If so, yes it does it on all channels.

Both laptop and Roku device are on the same WiFi network, yes.

I know about a year or so it did use to work but as I haven't used it in awhile I'm not sure when it stopped working probably, all I can say is I haven't changed my setup here in that time.

And as for what I've tried, I've tried pretty much everything, but your more then welcome to ask if I've done something specific.

I've been using Roku for many years now, so I know it pretty well and in my mind the only thing that is causing this problem is somehow software related.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Ninko

Thanks for the post.

Please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team.

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-mobile/windows device brand, model, and OS version
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos