Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Performance Issues Since 10.5 Upgrade

Jump to solution

Same things happening on my TCL Roku TVs…. I update daily 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV Connectivity issues

Jump to solution

@JoeKC4G 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please double check and update the information that you have provided. It looks like the Roku TV that you are experiencing the issue on is running the older OS 10.0 and this thread is related to OS 10.5.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
DanielRae
Channel Surfer

Vudu UHD quickly freezes on 10.5.0 4201-39

Jump to solution

My television updated to build 10.5.0 4201-39, this morning, and Vudu no longer plays UHD titles without stuttering, stalling, freezing, etc.  Additionally, navigating Roku's menus is slower than it was previously.  I can only presume that 10.5.0 was not previously installed, prior to this morning, though I don't know which version was.  That version played Vudu UHD properly; this one does not.  I clean reinstalled Vudu to no avail; that build is 1.3 339168 (dated August 2021).  I see no way to remove this automatic Roku update to restore Vudu UHD functionality.  (The option to "roll back" a clearly bad update should always exist, Roku...)

JoeKC4G
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny:

My Sharp ROKU TV is currently running software version 10.5.0 build 4201-38. I do have an older ROKU Express 3700X external unit attached to another TV that is running 10.0.0 but it works OK. 

So... still have all the same issues and still waiting for a resolution.

JoeKC4G
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny:  Following up on my last post.  Here is the information regarding the software running on my ROKU TV:

ROKU TV 7224X

Sharp Model LC-50LBU711U

Software 10.5.0 Build 4201-38

Device ID JWD951639266

Serial Number YN001W639266

So, in fact, I AM running 10.5.0 software.  I may have inadvertantly sent you an incorrect screenshot from one of my other TVs.  I have two ROKU 3700X external units and one of those is running version 10.0.0 software.  And...by the way...it is working correctly.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Vudu UHD quickly freezes on 10.5.0 4201-39

Jump to solution

Hello @DanielRae

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
DanielRae
Channel Surfer

Re: Vudu UHD quickly freezes on 10.5.0 4201-39

Jump to solution

IMG_20211116_131639874.jpg

TEAllen23
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

Update:  As of today, everything started working correctly.  I am not (so far) having any internet, loading, connection issues with Prime Video, Paramount+, HBOMax, Roku Channel, Peacock Tv, Starz.  After dealing with my Roku Ultra not working for a month after updating and my Roku TCL Tv misfunctioning after updating to version 10.5.0 two nights ago, I will be holding my breath for the next several weeks.  I am hopeful that the 10.5.0 version is fixed because I truly do LOVE Roku and it's ease of interface, easy to use Home page and the simplicity of the remote.  I have much preferred Roku over using the apps on my LG Smart TV and Vizio Smart TV or my Amazon Firestick because of the difficulty of their home screens and using their remotes.  But I was getting desperate and would have dropped Roku if there was no fix to the 10.5.0 update.

DanielRae
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

My television was updated to 10.5.0 4201-39 this morning; as of then, Vudu will not play UHD movies without freezing, stuttering, and forcing playback in HDX, whereas it worked perfectly prior to the update (no idea what version was previously installed, but I don't think it was 10.5.0).  If you own a UHD title on Vudu, could you confirm?  Thank you.  

SolvrCasa
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The biggest mistake I made was buying a roku TV because you can always throw away some stick if it doesn’t work with your 4K television and buy another product but you cannot throw away a TV of every two years I am definitely sure my next TV will not be a Roku TV.

with the force update and the inability to change most of the settings from network settings to video and audio advance settings.