Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
14mikey1b
Reel Rookie

Roku Update Version 10.5.0 Build 420-30

Jump to solution

I did a update on Saturday on a TCL Roku 
TV model 55S405, this was a update sitting out there no idea why it didn't automatically

update 

The update is Version 10.5.0 , Build 4201-30 now nothing loads , I've tried 

restarting 

factory reset,

removing reinstalling apps 

created a new account , and reloaded nothing 

I've tried everything in the other posts nothing works 

My Roku device in bedroom is on 10.0.0 build 4209-29 and works fine 

Apps will start and to to about 13% then time out 

Momof1
Channel Surfer

Re: Update 10.5 still causing issues with connectivity.

Jump to solution

Ok….turned the Roku tv on yesterday and all was well.  Decided to give your reply a day or two to see if it was actually “fixed”. Today…turned it on and nothing. Unplugged every single thing it it came back up. What gives? Why do I lose connectivity overnight? BTW the tvs that have Roku sticks have been just fine. Internet with all other devices is fine as well.

cssTN
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Exact same with me again, I was so happy to have the TV back Saturday, but that was short-lived. Excellent signal, yet nothing streams from the television. Why would there be a need to update our software multiple times a month? All we bought your TVs for is to watch, that’s it. This isn’t making your case to cut the cord. 65 inch RCA Roku.

TEAllen23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I too have this issue.  First, it started a month ago with my Roku Ultra.  I would get "Connectivity", "Internet connection", "Something went wrong" messages or if an app tries to load, it would load very slow.  When it do finally load, I would select a movie to watch and it tries to load it but end up bouncing back to the app's home screen.  Then last night, I made the mistake of updating the software on my TCL Roku Tv and now it's doing the EXACT same thing as my Roku Ultra.  I had followed all of the instructions listed by Roku for my Roku Ultra; including resetting device back to factory setting (3 times) all to no avail.  I am NOT going through this with TCL tv.

TEAllen23
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Update Version 10.5.0 Build 420-30

Jump to solution

WHATEVER you do, DO NOT update your bedroom tv Roku software.  I made that mistake last night and am no longer able to watch Prime Video, HBOMax, Paramount+, Starz or any of my other apps except for Netflix (this is the only one that will play without issues).

martyalee
Channel Surfer

Westinghouse Roku TV Update To 10.5 Ruins Internet Connectivity

Jump to solution

The update from 10.0 to 10.5 has made my Roku almost useless. Amazon Prime reports internet connectivity problems and no streams can be viewed. All channels are slow loading and cannot be streamed. I can plug in other streaming devices to the hdmi ports on the tv (Chromecast, Firestick) and watch content so it isn't a problem with the tv. My laptop and my android smart phone have normal connectivity so it isn't a problem with my router or internet service. All was fine before the update. The following info identifies my TV: 

Roku TV 7816X
Westinghouse model WR58UX4019
Serial number YN00UN601615
Version 10.5.0 Build 4201-AM
Device ID OK508U601615

Roku really needs to fix this as I am just one of many having the same problem. If nothing else, roll us back to the 10.0 update PLEASE.

14mikey1b
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Update Version 10.5.0 Build 420-30

Jump to solution

I'm not , none of the apps on the tv work, they go to loading most of the time at 13% then stop go to a blank screen and funny a remote raises from the left corner and then screen goes away .

The bedroom is on version 10.0.0  build 4209-29 works fine

martyalee
Channel Surfer

Re: Westinghouse Roku TV Update To 10.5 Ruins Internet Connectivity

Jump to solution

I have reconnected using both ethernet and wifi. Same bad results with both. This is a Roku problem, not my router or internet service. Thanks for the suggestion though.

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Westinghouse Roku TV Update To 10.5 Ruins Internet Connectivity

Jump to solution

You should give Westinghouse a call. 

Contacting Support for Your Roku TV - Roku Community

getjams
Reel Rookie

Re: Performance Issues Since 10.5 Upgrade

Jump to solution

I also have seen very dramatic performance degradation since upgrading my TCL Series 6 Roku TV to 10.5. Apps (pretty much all of them) take significantly longer to open, they also take longer to update. On Youtube TV, channels end up in a buffering state regularly. Netflix wouldn't launch, gave me an error. Everything about the experience has gone very downhill and is quite annoying. I just bought a new Streaming Stick 4K that has been updated to 10.5.1 and is performing wonderfully. My last year model Streaming Stick+ in the guest room has not been given the 10.5 update yet (checked this morning still on 10.0).

Roku TV 7120X

TCL Model 55R615

Software 10.5.0 build 4201-30

Device ID FV28AH072143

Hardwired into Netgear Orbi AC4200 router, attached to a gigabit fiber connection.

One other odd new behavior is that the volume has decreased. I have my TCL TV hooked up via HDMI ARC to a Sonos Amp, and prior to the 10.5 upgrade, for example my local NBC affiliate on Youtube TV I usually wouldn't turn it up past 17 (arbitrary number) but now to get the same valume level I have to turn it up to the low-mid 30s.