Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunshine44

Closed captions out of sync with Fandango at Home formerly Vudu.

Jump to solution

Dear Roku, 

II recently bought a Roku TV from Best Buy and I'm already considering returning it because from the minute that it plugged in and I got it hooked up it is at least 3 to 5 seconds behind on every show that I stream regardless of trying the steps to reset it by system reset it is still behind so either your processing power in this TV sucks or the fact is that it just can't handle the streaming speed on my internet because I have broadband internet from Xfinity and it doesn't seem to want to keep up with the speed and I tried to adjusting settings through my Fandango at home app and it tells me I have to go through the TV so obviously your TV isn't worth its weight so I'm going to return it I just figured I would let people know because this isn't what I paid $300 some bucks for for streaming television only to find out it can't even handle the streaming capacity of the internet and so now it's at least five to seven seconds behind everything I'm going back to my Google TV box

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Closed captions out of sync with Fandango at Home formerly Vudu.

Jump to solution

Hi @Sunshine44,

Welcome to Roku Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue with your Roku TV closed caption being out of sync with the Fandango at Home channel. We do appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken to try to fix the issue, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

If this is happening only on this channel, we recommend restarting your Roku TV by powering it off, unplugging it from the power outlet, and plugging it back in after 10 to 20 seconds.

For reference you may check this support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

If the issue persists, we suggest contacting the Fandango at Home channel support directly. You can reach them here: Fandango at Home Channel Support

I hope this information will help you to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Closed captions out of sync with Fandango at Home formerly Vudu.

Jump to solution

Hi @Sunshine44,

Welcome to Roku Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue with your Roku TV closed caption being out of sync with the Fandango at Home channel. We do appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken to try to fix the issue, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

If this is happening only on this channel, we recommend restarting your Roku TV by powering it off, unplugging it from the power outlet, and plugging it back in after 10 to 20 seconds.

For reference you may check this support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

If the issue persists, we suggest contacting the Fandango at Home channel support directly. You can reach them here: Fandango at Home Channel Support

I hope this information will help you to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.