Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paularey

Nothing works after the software update

My tv flashed that a software update was required. Afterward, the tv turns on but is blank. My phone roku remote app is showing my streaming stick is not available on this nextwork. Everything worked fine until this update. Yes I checked all FAQ suggestions and it still doesn't work. Dang. Seems to be obsolete now. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Nothing works after the software update

Hi @Paularey,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble with your Roku streaming device after an update. We are interested in learning about the issue you've been experiencing, but we need more details.

Can you confirm the steps you have taken to resolve the issue?

We recommend restarting your wireless network and rebooting your device and mobile app for troubleshooting.

Visit our Support article to learn why the Roku mobile app does not recognize my Roku streaming device.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’m having the same issue. Roku connects to my TV and asks me to select a Wi-Fi connection and my Wi-Fi password.  After receiving confirmation of a strong signal, Roku attempts a software update. The TV then says downloading, and then suddenly quits as if the Roku turns off and no longer works unless I reset the Roku stick. I’ve tried using my 2.4 and 5.0 GHz connections. I’ve also tried updating it using a signal from my hotspot on my laptop with a VPN on. The software update never finishes but simply turns off my Roku stick. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Talkwithron, if you're using the TV's USB port to power the stick, try using the supplied power adapter.  It's not clear if you're always using a VPN, but if so, try disabling it or bypassing it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.