Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tigger1951
Reel Rookie

New to Roku. How do I make text size bigger in the guide? Thanks.

Jump to solution

Am finding the guide difficult to read in my 32" TCL. Any advice please

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New to Roku. How do I make text size bigger in the guide? Thanks.

Jump to solution

Hi, @Tigger1951

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for reaching out to us for assistance with the text size on your Roku TV, and we'd be more than glad to assist. To change the sizes on the text of your Roku TV, kindly follow the steps below to your preference.

1. On your Roku remote, Navigate to Settings
  2. Select Accessibility
  3. Proceed to the Caption style
  4. Then, Text size. After this one, select your preferred text size.

After choosing your preferred text size, changes will be applied to your Roku TV.

We hope this helps, and if there's anything we can do to assist you further, please feel free to let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NiLa,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble with the font size of the channels on your Roku home menu screen.

Have you tried to restart your Roku device to see if it helps? If none, we suggest navigating this to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Tigger1951

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for reaching out to us for assistance with the text size on your Roku TV, and we'd be more than glad to assist. To change the sizes on the text of your Roku TV, kindly follow the steps below to your preference.

1. On your Roku remote, Navigate to Settings
  2. Select Accessibility
  3. Proceed to the Caption style
  4. Then, Text size. After this one, select your preferred text size.

After choosing your preferred text size, changes will be applied to your Roku TV.

We hope this helps, and if there's anything we can do to assist you further, please feel free to let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tigger1951
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the welcome.

There's no Caption Style in Accessibility.

Please advise. My eyes aren't coping.

0 Kudos
NiLa

Jump to solution

I know how to make the captions larger, but I'm having trouble reading the descriptions & sometimes titles of shows. The font Roku menu screens are too small as well.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NiLa,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble with the font size of the channels on your Roku home menu screen.

Have you tried to restart your Roku device to see if it helps? If none, we suggest navigating this to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ljaneu

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I cannot read the names/dates/seasons/etc. without squinting or moving way too close to the TV. (Captions aren’t the issue.)

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ljaneu,

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We want to learn more about your experience with the text size on your Roku device, but we need more details.

• When did the issue start occurring?
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all the channels installed on your Roku device?
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  • Have you tried the steps provided above by @RokuTakashi?

For troubleshooting purposes, we suggest navigating this to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we'll be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Your solution doesnt address the problem.  Specifically the text size is too small in the channel guide, not captions. I too have problems reading the channel guide.  I am getting my content on local antenna tv. I have no access to cable and don't want satellite. 

Let me know if the text size on channel guide can be fixed. 

Thanks Ron Brown 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.