Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billndeb
Reel Rookie

New 'quick Icons' Just Installed (12-1-2023)

Please - please remove the ,Quick Icons' just install on your menu board (Movies, TV Shows, News and Popular, IFood, IHome ISports).  NOT NEEDED. I'll set up my screen the way I like it.  Remove that junk!!

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New 'quick Icons' Just Installed (12-1-2023)

Hi @billndeb,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this concern that you have. Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue? What is the current software version of your Roku TV or device? (Settings> System > About)

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
billndeb
Reel Rookie

Software Version 12.5.0    Build 4178     Last update was on 10-27.23.  However the change to my screen preference didn't happen till around 12-3-23.  This happened on all three of my TV's....one is a Roku stick, another a Roku TV, another the basic Roku adapter.

0 Kudos
rrggrr
Reel Rookie

There's another post that over 25 pages long covering this. Bottom line: not a bug, but  a feature of the latest software update - now waiting for them to add an option in settings to remove it. Do a search of Browse Categories and you'll find the other post.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.