Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdrop apps still auto install /OS version changed to backdoor internet rescueui boot

Hello Roku! 

I love the roku tv so much... so much easier and faster than most smart tv's.  It's a great product.

I have been a victim of a stalker/hacker/pegasus  is what they called themselves in the extortion letter. 

To all who may be going thru extortion,  from a hacker/stalker/criminal  Just know,  you can fix your devices and get them off even if they have installed the pegasus software  btw  highly illegal in the US, so please do report to CIA ,  the FBI has been found to be using this software on American citizens...so don't go to them for help,  they are the enemy.   Also submit to the DOJ.   

So yes,  I have been getting that back drops app it installs itself or should I say the hackers install it in my machine at least three times a day... last night it shut my whole net down.   had to change all of my network settings to get everything back on line.... once online...  i uninstalled the backdrops app.  and kept my roku on my hotspot on my phone, as to not allow it to crash my system again.

Let me give you some info you requested for the problem. 

The Roku brand is Onn   2022

Boot RescueUI with backdoor internet has been installed thru an un asked for system update meaning it just updated to the version it is on and put in this Boot RescueUI with backdoor internet.  

this is found in System Operations Menu .. in roku secret menu...  which i have to use to keep the hackers at bay.  

now I have tried to uninstall this version,  even did a complete hard reset to brand new,  it this OS and will not let it change... this is obviously a hackers/developers tool they used... to make it stick, and now the roku tv is always online with the hackers and they have taken control of the device. 

My case might be on the more extreme side,  but for ten years,  I am battling this scourge, and still using the  roku tv, as the other smart tv's are more easily hackable thru their accounts you have to use to use the device... ie  samsung... google....  

my OS version is 13.1.4 build 1512-EG Onn model 100069992

I did not update my device to that OS, it just happened, and it wont go back to the 12 version,  my dads roku  does not have that backdoor internet on his system operation menu.  

Is there a way to revert this device back to the old OS that did not have the backdoor internet port installed?   can roku send a thumb drive to fix this OS hack???  

or.... do  I have to throw this tv away again, because it is a liability to my whole network...

can this be fixed?   a hard reset will not do it..... can someone out there in Roku world help me deal with this as I know,  even when I buy a new   tv,  it will happen again and again as these hackers have become experts in the roku back end... thru the developers portal...  I KNOW this is HOW they get in

can roku fix this hacking issue as it is only increasing     

so to recap   there is a backdoor installed in my roku tv in system operations.   it cannot be un done i have tried everything....

please let me know....  as I am pretty much done with this device...  it works great...  I just cannot unhack it..and change the OS back to a safe version..... any ideas???  thank you so much

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.