Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HellBoy1546
Channel Surfer

Need help updating my roku to 12

I have a Roku Express model 3930RW.And it wont update to the latest version of Roku OS 12.Any idea when it will get that new update?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Need help updating my roku to 12

Hi @HellBoy1546

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Roku OS 12 will roll out to supported Roku streaming players and Roku TV models over the coming weeks. To learn more, you can see here: Roku OS software release notes
If you need additional support or encounter an error message or code. Kindly let us know so we can help you further. Send us the details of the issue that occurs. And the steps to reproduce the problem. 

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Regards,
Nimfa

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Roku takes a very measured approach to OS rollouts. Sometimes it takes several months for all models to get their updates. And no, no one can tell you when you will get yours. It varies by model and your location, and it's all kept under cover by Roku.

Sometimes you can force an update by performing a factory reset, but that's a lot of work to set all your channels back up, and we can't promise you'd get 12.0 anyway. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
kylee009
Channel Surfer

Hello,

I understand that you're having trouble updating your Roku Express to the latest version of Roku OS 12. While I don't have access to specific release schedules, I can provide some general guidance.

Roku typically rolls out software updates gradually across its supported devices, and the timing can vary based on factors such as the device model and region. To ensure you receive the latest update, please follow these steps:

1. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku Express is connected to the internet and has a stable connection. You can do this by going to the Settings menu on your Roku device and selecting "Network."

2. Check for system updates: On your Roku device, go to "Settings," then select "System" and "System update." Choose the "Check now" option to manually check for any available updates. If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.

3. Wait for automatic updates: Roku devices often receive updates automatically, but it may take some time for your specific device to receive the latest version of Roku OS 12. Leave your Roku Express connected to the internet, and it should update itself when the new software becomes available for your device.

If you've followed these steps and are still unable to update to Roku OS 12, I recommend reaching out to Roku's customer support for more specific information regarding the availability of the update for your Roku Express model.

I hope this information helps, and I wish you success in updating your Roku device to the latest software version.

Best regards,

[kyleejenner009]

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.