Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blueblood
Reel Rookie

Roku wireless speakers off when TV turns on

My wireless speakers pair easily with an LG TV and soundbar. But each time I turn on the TV, the wireless speakers are on with no sound. I have to unplug then plug in the speakers each time and then they work well. How can I keep from having to unplug the wireless speakers each time I turn in the tv?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku wireless speakers off when TV turns on

Hi @Blueblood,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Roku Wireless Speaker that keeps turning off and we would be happy to look at what we can do to help you to make sure we are providing the best streaming experience.

If the behavior continues, review the suggestions for determining why How to resolve issues pairing your Roku® wireless speakers | Roku

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blueblood
Reel Rookie

Thanks Mary,

I have an Xfinity box I use for cable tv and the roku for streaming. The sound from the wireless speakers doesn’t come on when I am using cable. Could that be the problem?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Blueblood,

Thanks for the note.

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku wireless speaker and we'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blueblood
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your quick response:

Left speaker: YE009X369500

Right Speaker: YE00FU882469

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Blueblood,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blueblood
Reel Rookie

When I change the audio settings to music (I had it at standard) then the wireless speakers work. If this is the case, it may be helpful to note for the future. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Blueblood,

Thanks for the additional note.

We have forwarded your details to the respective Roku team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos