Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Roku express keeps rebooting on its own after update

I have a Roku express and have tried different troubleshooting steps to fix it. I have reset the devices, I have plugged it on different tv and different power outlets and it continues to do the same thing. This started happening after I updated it. I need help since I ran out of option to troubleshoot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku express keeps rebooting on its own after update

Hi @Graphikelement,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to investigate further this issue that you had with the Roku Express further, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far. Can you please provide to us the following information below?

• Could you provide to us the software version of your Roku device?
  • How are you powering your Roku device? Is directly plugged in into the wall outlet or power strip?

In the meantime, you may try a different power source, especially if you're using the TV's USB port for power.  Any 5V 1A (or more than 1 Amp) USB power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet should do.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.