Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Micolata

More parental controls - blocking downloads

Jump to solution

Roku TV - I have a 5 year old and have set all the parental settings, hid menu options, deleted channels, etc... She is still able to download apps I have deleted. Either there needs to be a setting to block downloads without a my pin, or the "streaming channels" menu link needs to be hide-able like the other menu items. It is absolutely driving me crazy that it's 2024 and this is still an issue. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: More parental controls - blocking downloads

Jump to solution

Hi @Micolata,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern that you want to manage parental controls on the Roku device.

We currently do not offer a global parental control setting to restrict access to content across all streaming channels. Hence, you can configure access limits based on ratings in certain situations. But we have parental control over The Roku channel and the Roku PIN feature.

For more information, read about this: How to block content using parental controls | Official Roku Support.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Micolata-

Have you set a PIN on your Roku account and required it to be entered when installing a channel app?

https://my.roku.com/account/pin

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Micolata,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern that you want to manage parental controls on the Roku device.

We currently do not offer a global parental control setting to restrict access to content across all streaming channels. Hence, you can configure access limits based on ratings in certain situations. But we have parental control over The Roku channel and the Roku PIN feature.

For more information, read about this: How to block content using parental controls | Official Roku Support.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator