Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lordmagneto
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing tiles / icons on Home Screen

If you are using the app on your phone,  you just take a picture and attach it to your post.

Screenshot_20240526_103033_Chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
rfmuth
Binge Watcher

Re: Missing tiles on Ultra. I have did a factory reset Didn’t work plus I did a restart and unplugge

I had what appears to be the same issue with two channels on my Ultra, which appeared sometime after it was updated to software version 13.0 about a week ago.  The channels are still there, and are identified if I move to them, but the icon for them is a "blank" placeholder as seen in your image. 

The only way I have found, thus far, to restore the icon is to remove the app and and reinstall it, using the * (star) button on the remote.  I have not tried a lot of other options, however.  I did find that checking for updates to the app (also with the * button).  Others have reported that this may fix one, only to have another channel loose its icon later.

Reinstalling the app will add it to the bottom of the menu and you need to move it if you want it back where it was before, so take note of the position before you remove it.  For this reason, you probably don't want to remove several at once.  One at a time will likely be less trouble.  Since you appear to have a lot of them blanked out, you may want to try waiting and see if it self resolves, or just reinstall the ones you really want right now. 

EDIT:  I just read in another thread that Roku recommends restarting the Roku TV system. Navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (on some devices there is no Power option, System restart is just under the System menu). (This is NOT a System of factory reset, which apparently does not fix it!)  Note that some people had to do this restart more than once, but on my older Streaming Stick 3 tries still did not fix the only icon that was missing. 

0 Kudos

Same issue. Any word from support? 

0 Kudos
Tomvan

Re: missing channel numbers recently

I tried your reset but it didn’t work.   If that doesn’t work, what do I try next??

0 Kudos
Btags
Reel Rookie

Same is happening to me with plex and paramount plus. On 12.5.5 build 4174-30 on a tcl r615 from 2018.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Lost icons on Home Screen

The middleware update that added support for 3x and 4x appears to have some bugs in updating icons, especially after an app update.

0 Kudos
JasonCoon
Reel Rookie

My icons are visible now.  I did nothing.  They weren't there a few days ago when I did the initial setup, now a few days later they are.  Maybe some delay in downloading?  

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

There was probably something that happened in the background that caused a refresh.

Mine didnt load until i went to system update, checked for updates even though is said it was up to date.  When complete, went back to home and all apps images were there

CarlosLJr

Same issue on brand new Onn 32” Roku TV. 
Issue ID H8-211-363

Restarted multiple times, unplugged, and did a factory reset. Only a handful of tiles show the app icon. #rokusupport 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.