Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeteK01
Channel Surfer

New Picture Setting Option Not Displayed

Jump to solution

Roku Stream Stick 4K - The device updated to OS13.  I have performed a system restart.  When viewing a TV program or movie, pressing the * key brings up the Options menu, but the only options I have is  Closed captioning, volume mode and accessibility settings.  Is there another setting I need to enable in order for the picture options to appear?

Update: The Streaming Stick is connected to HDMI1 on a 6 y/o TCL Roku TV. The TV's Roku system was old and just too slow, hence the Streaming Stick. I found out that when I use the Roku remote that came with the TV (which only controls the built in Roku system), all of the options appear when pressing *. Ironically, the Roku TV has yet to update to OS13 (even after a manual update), but the Streaming Stick has been updated.

Thoughts?

TIA

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Picture Setting Option Not Displayed

Jump to solution

Hi @PeteK01,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that picture settings are only available on Roku TVs. No Roku devices have this capability, which is why you can't access them on your new Roku streaming stick.

To learn more about picture mode and picture settings, you can visit our support page below.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Picture Setting Option Not Displayed

Jump to solution

Hi @PeteK01,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that picture settings are only available on Roku TVs. No Roku devices have this capability, which is why you can't access them on your new Roku streaming stick.

To learn more about picture mode and picture settings, you can visit our support page below.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.