Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobrien871
Reel Rookie

Suggestion: Roku Cloud Dock

Jump to solution

I'd like to suggest a new Roku cloud-based feature that would allow users of Roku devices to save their apps and preferences to a Roku-provided cloud storage area. I'm calling it, Roku Cloud Dock, but it could be called anything. The idea is that when I replace, upgrade or add to my Roku device collection (I currently own 4 devices), I can easily reinstall all the apps upon initial setup without having to remember and manually reinstall all the apps I've installed. And here's the important feature: All my usernames and passwords are encrypted, stored and automatically put on to the new Roku device. How cool and easy would that be? What do you all think? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Suggestion: Roku Cloud Dock

Jump to solution

Roku actually does most of that now. When you add a new device to an existing Roku user account, it will install the same apps/channels the existing devices have. As far as user credentials, it does it now with some but not all apps. That's probably the choice of the channel provider, not Roku themselves. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku actually does most of that now. When you add a new device to an existing Roku user account, it will install the same apps/channels the existing devices have. As far as user credentials, it does it now with some but not all apps. That's probably the choice of the channel provider, not Roku themselves. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Tobrien871
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Who knew!? 🙂 Thanks for the quick feedback.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.