Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Btags
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing tiles / icons on Home Screen

I set my tile size for apps to the smaller size (was on large) and now everything is working OK. Weirdly enough doing this also improved the performance of multiple apps that were running slowly before. No idea how that works but my wife noticed it too.

0 Kudos
CarlosLJr

Removing each app and re-adding each app has fixed the issue. Tedious but worked. 

0 Kudos

I had this issue today after a factory reset, due to some lag issues.

I had luck by trying a few things on the secret menu. I'm not sure which solved it but it is working now after the majority of my tiles were missing on a several year old 32" TCL Roku TV. Here is what I did, ymmv, hope this helps developers.

1. Accessed the secret menu by pushing "home button" 5 times immediately followed by up - right - down - left.

2. "Cycle Image Service" until you see the line of the left hand side change to qa (https://images.qa.sr.roku.com) (this may also unfortunately disable some ads)

3. clicked "Reset/Refresh" and reset the following items: reset theme downloads, reset software update check, reset added-channels list, refetch config, refresh search availability

4. Pressed home button on remote

5. Went to System > Software update > Check for updates (no updates necessary, it just checked)

6. My icons all magically appeared.

0 Kudos

Re: Lost icons on Home Screen

I just purchased and set up a brand new Roku device from factory default, and most of the icons are missing on my home screen as well. Not exactly endearing me to the product, as I can’t tell what’s even installed on this thing without hovering over each one individually. I’ve tried restarting the device several times to no avail. Is there a fix for this yet? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Jackie3262

I have this issue.  I have a brand new Phillips Roku TV and the only channel icon showing is Roku TV.  All other channel block are empty.  I have to choose a block to see what streaming network it is.

Help me fix this please 🙏 

0 Kudos
Ontario

Re: Lost icons on Home Screen

Having same issue with a just installed Roku Express 4K. Tried multiple restarts and power cycles with no effect.

Trelbee
Reel Rookie

I factory reset and didn't add anything from the app, and still have no icons

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings Community users,

We want to express our appreciation for the continuous updates regarding this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please note that the matter is still under investigation and there are no further updates at this time. We will continue to keep you posted on any new developments.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

Re: The home screen tiles are blank at the homepage and I have to restart the Roku anytime I want to

I have a brand new Roku tv and the home tiles do not show everything. I have went to the Home Screen many times. Did a factory reset. Powered down for a long. Tried everything the message board said and no luck. 

Re: The home screen tiles are blank at the homepage and I have to restart the Roku anytime I want to

IMG_2336.jpeg

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.