Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjq59

I want to know why the Recents function was phased out of the TV guide.

Jump to solution

This was like having the LAST function on mostly all remotes where one could go to the last channel viewed rather than having to scroll or search to find that channel again. Yet it's still on the TV guide/channel options menu; can I go back to previous builds and if so how? Better yet can YOU JUST put it BACK? I don't see the purpose of abandoning it, especially when one could choose from at least a few last channel choices made, which was really way cool! SMH!...😐☹️

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I want to know why the Recents function was phased out of the TV guide.

Jump to solution

Greetings, @jjq59.

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that it would be convenient for you if the Recents feature on Live TV is on your Roku. 

Please be advised that since an update on a device is irrevocable, we don't have an option for our Roku device to revert to its original software version. We will take this as your feedback regarding the new Roku software update. We are pleased to hear your opinion as we strive to improve our services to provide a great streaming experience. We'll make sure to pass this over to the appropriate Roku team for review.

In the meantime, stay tuned for the latest Roku updates on our Roku Blog.

Let us know if you need help; we're ready to assist.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings, @jjq59.

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that it would be convenient for you if the Recents feature on Live TV is on your Roku. 

Please be advised that since an update on a device is irrevocable, we don't have an option for our Roku device to revert to its original software version. We will take this as your feedback regarding the new Roku software update. We are pleased to hear your opinion as we strive to improve our services to provide a great streaming experience. We'll make sure to pass this over to the appropriate Roku team for review.

In the meantime, stay tuned for the latest Roku updates on our Roku Blog.

Let us know if you need help; we're ready to assist.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Klharing

Jump to solution

I feel you.  I had a Roku tv and the screen went out so had to get a new one.  Well I no longer have “recents” assuming because when you buy a new tv it installs the latest software.  Recents was my favorite button(besides mute for the annoying commercials).

ROKU needs to bring this back. It makes to sense why you would take such a great functionality away but leave the non working option still on the menu. SMH

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.