Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conap0
Channel Surfer

Re: How to remove / delete 'continue watching' from The Roku Home Screen

I spent the evening on their customer service line arguing with their support team on the phone about this. They’re just paying lip service and say they will look into it for the future. I’m ready to toss my Roku’s and replace with monitors. 

Conap0
Channel Surfer

I have the same issue. I have a 6yo, I don’t want him clicking in something I or his mother were watching. I also don’t want what I watched last on tv broadcast to anyone who turns the thing on. 

BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

Hello Roku,

The next move is yours. We are waiting...

Pudee
Reel Rookie

EXACTLY. No one need to know what I watch. I have 5 Roku units which I share. I just got 2 Apple TV boxes. I'm going to try them this week. 

ChristianZane
Streaming Star

Folks, the sky is not falling.  This is not the ‘end’ of Roku nor the “demise”, this is a stupid and unfortunate feature that will be removed at some point.  EVERY single device I’ve ever used in my life from DirecTV to TiVo to iPhone to Samsung to every Smart TV, Mac, Adobe product, Netflix etc etc has had some sort of gaffe introduced at some point and will be fixed.  Go look back at years of posts here and you will see the same discussions about a myriad of issues that all got resolved (I member the infamous Dolby Vision/LG black screen fiasco).  So just click * on the show and remove it, and have fun moving over to Apple TV or garbage Amazon interfaces.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We regret to hear about this experience and that this feature caused a little bit of trouble during your streaming.

The "Continue Watching" row can be managed directly from the home screen of your Roku device. You can delete the choice from your Continue Watching row by pressing *, which will bring up the context menu. Once the full release of this feature has occurred, the option to disable it will become available.

You should also keep in mind that some channels, like Netflix, will suggest other content to you when they think you would be interested in it. Since this occurs on the channel partner's end, you should contact the channel partner if you need assistance with this matter.

If there's any other related issue about this, please give us a heads up.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Trigger
Reel Rookie

This answer is unacceptable. If the full release of this feature isn’t ready yet, you can push a simple update that removes it until it is. And even then, IT NEEDS TO BE OPT-IN. I shouldn’t have to be forced to dig around the menus trying to disable a feature that puts adult content in front of the eyes of children. And what about parents who don’t know how or where to look for a way to remove it? I already paid for your device - I do not consent to you trying out new ways to profit from my data that involve my child. 

rddtf3
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the status update, Rey. I appreciate our voices being heard and look forward to the software update!

0 Kudos
Conap0
Channel Surfer

Removing them individually is the most tone deaf solution to this problem. What about if my 6yo child decides to pick up the remote and turn on the tv and a show for mature audiences is at the top of the screen? What does that do to solve the problem? I don’t care what you have in development. The idea this nonsense was pushed out without the ability to turn it off is absurd in the extreme, it demonstrates a no-understanding of your customers or how they use your product. I haven’t had this feature and y last update was months ago, which means you can turn it off and you’re just refusing to. I want it turned off. Not the promise and lip service that you’ll look into it for future releases. 

Bf234
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey 

Hi Rey- Thanks for a response. However, your response did not include a timeline. As mentioned by myself and many other users this feature does cause trouble during streaming, rather this feature is inappropriate for the main screen when multiple Roku devices are in a household. Please outline a timeline for when the update to disable this feature will be rolled out. If it is not slated to roll out for weeks or months that is not acceptable. This change should take priority over any and all other enhancements. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.