Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

Re: How to remove / delete 'continue watching' from The Roku Home Screen

@RokuERey - Thanks for the update. Roku should take page out of Microsoft book and push out bug\hotfix\quick fix on Patch Tuesday (The 2nd Tuesday of the month). Also, you suggestion is not a solution because like a boomerang it comes right back. Many apps do suggest content, correct, BUT it is just for my profile WITHIN that app. Netflix does not suggest content for me to watch in Pluto, Sling, Roku Channel, etc. Do you have an ETA for the update? I guess we just have to sit and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait.

lg1416
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey 

Thank you for providing some information, however, using the * button and removing a show from the Continue Watching section only removes it temporarily. If someone watches that show again, it will return to the Continue Watching section again. It takes constant maintenance to repeatedly remove shows from the Continue Watching list. This is not a good solution.

I'm glad to hear there will be a future option to completely disable the Continue Watching list, but it would help to know a timeframe when this will happen (the sooner, the better). This "feature" has been incredibly frustrating as a parent and we need the option to remove it completely. Thank you.

cle1353
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey It is appreciated that you responded. However it is only partially true. it is impossible to remove shows watched on the Roku channel from the Continue Watching list.  I can remove shows from every other channel except those from the Roku channel itself.  Second, this continue watching gives an end around to our ability to hide the What To Watch selections.  Roku understood they needed to give users the ability to hide the What To Watch section from the Home Screen just to turn around and add Continue Watching without the ability to hide it.  Continue Watching takes you right into the What To Watch screen.  This as everyone is upset about, not only gives children the ability to see shows their parents are watching that would otherwise be hidden by parental controls but also gives them access to trailers that they otherwise would not have access to because the What to Watch was hidden.

440mike
Binge Watcher

Hello

Are there any updates to this thread Roku?

Thanks

Conap0
Channel Surfer

Doesn’t seem to be, they paid us all some lip service and left it at that.

0 Kudos
Jeferson23
Channel Surfer

I booted my Roku today and noticed the Home Screen is now 4 icons wide and the search bar was completely removed. 

Woot! Thank you Roku team.  I feel like our voices were heard. 

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-91

Eric20

Why can’t you just add an option in the operating system to turn it off?

0 Kudos
tiberius2112
Reel Rookie

I have the same software version that was issued on 5/10/23.  Roku hasn't done anything- period.  Do you work for Roku?

ChristianZane
Streaming Star

As of September 8 my Home Screen has changed, the channel icons are now 4 across as the other user stated, but most importantly the Continue Watching and Search bars are completely gone.

0 Kudos
DocT7

This is sooo irriting and not user freindly. All of a suden there are

rows of continue watching from years ago. I should not have to deal with this.

Someone said they are planning a patch. Is there any word on when? If this can't be fixed I will be forced 

to close my roku account. Small children should not have access to programing that was watched by adults.