Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cle1353
Reel Rookie

Re: How to remove / delete 'continue watching' from The Roku Home Screen

This is a terrible addition.  I will likely consider moving on from Roku if this is not removed.  This is the opposite of being family friendly.  

Gatormelie

Agree on all fronts. I am about to trash all 4 of my roku’s over this. 

rddtf3
Reel Rookie

I've been a Roku loyalist for a decade now, since the Roku 3. This is actually making me consider other devices for the first time. 

Roku, all we're asking is to make it configurable. I have faith in your engineering team, but I'd be happy to consult if you don't know how to wrap code in an if statement. 

jklmnoku
Channel Surfer

@Lbridges3 Look for a FireStick or another solution. Roku doesn’t give a **bleep**.

RonIndy
Reel Rookie

Roku has really screwed this up. Evidently they wanted/needed to implement a cross-app "continue watching" feature. Okay, that could be handy. However, profiles are implemented at the app level so there wasn't a way to implement such a feature that was specific to a single watcher. They should have stopped right there and decided they couldn't to this. But they went ahead and implemented an everyone-sees-everything-that-anyone-is-watching version that violates the privacy of all it's users.

Of course Roku can fix this. They just need to roll back the implementation of the feature. Somehow they turned it on earlier this weekend without an update of the OS. They can turn if off just as easily. They will lose face. They've already lost user trust. But it may be repairable.

If they don't ROLL IT BACK ASAP, I predict this is the end of Roku. This will be the loss of all user trust. This will become a business school case study of how to end your business. Glad I didn't buy any ROKU stock.

jklmnoku
Channel Surfer

This won't be the end of Roku, but more decisions like this could lead to their demise. My guess is that the number of people who care enough about this unwanted feature to want rid of it &or give negative feedback about it are few in comparison to those out there who will just put up with it like they put up with the overwhelmingly slimy marketing tactics from The Man.

BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

Roku will be around for a long time, but they will lose some customers. They need to do a better job of END USER TESTING.

GilFam

This feature is terrible for people with kids. My 4 year old ended up clicking on a serial killer documentary this weekend and then clicked on GOT while we had friends over, luckily we were in the same room. This feature has to be able to be removed or bypassed from the Home Screen. 

GilFam

This!!!!!! We all have Roku tvs and now my 9 and 4 year old are seeing recommendations for continue watching things that my husband is watching on Netflix and MAX. And it’s one click away… Not ok… If this feature cannot be turned off, we are going to have to move on to a new system. 

Conap0
Channel Surfer

Removing the feature and reverting to the previous OS would make people incredibly happy.