Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erinfaye
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix custom screensaver option that disappeared

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser The message under your post says:

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Since you're asking people to accept this as a solution, I thought you were offering it as a solution.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Mobile screensaver/custom screensaver

Jump to solution

@Erinfaye 

Thats simply part of the signature Roku requires/allows us ("Community Streaming Experts") to use that appears with every post we make.

If a "solution" had been offered you (as the OP) could do that (if you wanted), but it certainly isnt any sort of general requirement for other users when interacting, and it isnt a specific solicitation for that post, or this post, or any other post.

Its intended to help easily identify solution posts to the problem/issue/question of an OP (and other users with the same) of a thread, and only the OP (and Roku personnel) can mark a post as a solution.

0 Kudos

Re: How to fix custom screensaver option that disappeared

Jump to solution

Here is the response I got in Chat with Roku:

Recent update has made the changes. If this is not what you expected, I will forward your concern to the relevant team to check if they can revert back to the previous mode in the upcoming updates.

Erinfaye
Channel Surfer

Re: Mobile screensaver/custom screensaver

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser Ah, understood. That’s not clear in the message they post. 

FWIW, I spent a couple of hours with the chat support today. Two supervisors later, they claim to have no idea what’s going on (and questioned whether the issue is real, despite their own support rep having duplicated it). But they said they would “investigate” and respond with additional info at some indeterminate point in the future. 

Ashley555

Re: Custom screensaver missing

Jump to solution

This is pittyful. The screensavers were why I liked roku in the first place. There wasn't even any notification about this change!!!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen saver in Roku Mobile app not working

Jump to solution

Do a search of the forum. This has already been reported. Rumors are that it was removed because of conflictions with some other OS updates, but nothing official has been posted. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
CW48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm appalled and outraged by this change. I sincerely hope this is a glitch that they will patch and not simply the removal of the feature (Does anyone know?) I need this feature back and it stopped randomly a day or two ago for both of my Roku devices.

Jump to solution

I thought I was losing my mind this morning when I saw the aquarium on my TV. I was trying everything, going to the app to see if I can recreate the screensaver but the option disappeared. One of the best features of Roku, just gone! smh

_Cj_
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It appears that the Custom Screensaver option will join the "Dual Audio" (headphones and tv) feature in Purgatory. Whenever Roku implements a useful feature they take it away. I guess my Roku Ultra doesn't have enough memory to display a screensaver of photos when it is sitting idle. 

CW48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This might be a deal breaker for me, this feature was something I really needed, Roku definitely isn't getting another cent from me or recommendation until this comes back.