Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dininonymous
Streaming Star

How to delete a Netflix movie stuck in the Save List

Hope someone can help! There is a movie in my Save List, specifically Glass Onion, which is a Netflix movie. I want to delete that movie from my list, and there is no option to do so. I do understand that Netflix doesn't work with the Save List, which is the problem - the movie must have been in the My Feed queue before it changed over to Save List, and now it's stuck there. Just as you can't add a Netflix movie to your save list, you also, apparently, cannot delete a Netflix movie from the list.

I want to be very clear, before a rep responds, that I absolutely already know how to add and delete movies from my Save List the standard ways, and I do it all the time. However, the option to remove this particular item is just not there. But there must be some kind of recourse or workaround so it doesn't just remain stuck there forever.

So, any words of advice from the community? Anyone else had this issue and resolved it? If a rep can help, that would be great! (I also can't figure out how to contact Roku directly anymore, as used to be available.)

This issue is annoying me so much that I'd happily clear my entire Save List and re-add everything, just to get this one movie to disappear, lol. If that's an option, I also haven't figured out how to do that - how to clear the Save List (hopefully without doing a factory reset, which I'm not sure would even solve the problem).

Many thanks for any assistance!

Labels (1)
15 REPLIES 15
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: How to delete a Netflix movie stuck in the Save List

All I can say is that I have the same problem!!

andyross
Roku Guru

To answer my own question, I just found the answer! Use the Roku app on your phone. Go to the save list (the third row on mine), click the three little dots below the title, and you can delete it.

Dininonymous
Streaming Star

Unfortunately, I have tried that also and it doesn’t work for me. (There are no dots, so perhaps I’m on a different version of the app - iOS. On mine, there’s a box to check or  uncheck for the save list on each title, except for this one.) Once again, the option to delete it just isn’t there, at all. I appreciate it, though.

So, even though it has been marked a solution, sadly it’s not a solution which works for all - hope this remains visible and open. Anyone know how to contact a human representative these days?

0 Kudos
Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

@Dininonymous - As for reaching a Roku agent, other than this Roku Community, this is all I could find on the Roku website:

Agent support

We offer agent-assisted support for certain issues and devices.

Searching Google for a telephone number, I found the following:

https://roku.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html

I'm not sure if those numbers work, but you can give them a try.

Good luck.

Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

@Dininonymous - As for trying to reach Roku Support live, I found the following:

Agent support
We offer agent-assisted support for certain issues and devices.
Check support options

Otherwise, search Google for "Roku telephone number" and look at the results just below the "People also ask" section.  I tried to post one of the links (P***edConsumer.com), but my post got flagged and deleted.

Good luck.

Dininonymous
Streaming Star

Thank you both for your advice. 🙂 I appreciate it. I'm still gonna try to get this issue resolved, somehow... (wish a Roku rep would also take a look or chime in, hint hint!)

0 Kudos
Dininonymous
Streaming Star

For what it's worth, I managed to chat with a Roku representative, who was not able to help me at all. Like, AT ALL. Kept telling me to sign into Netflix and remove it from that list. Somehow I doubt that would help, because it's a separate list! 🙄 Not to mention I am not even currently subscribed to Netflix - I don't even think it was in my Netflix queue, and I can't view it anyway, obviously. Regardless, there's another title stuck in my Roku Save list that has nothing to do with Netflix, and it too is stuck there. 😤

OMG, I went in infuriating circles trying to explain this on the chat, and ended up basically being told there's nothing anyone can do about it. Not great, Roku. I'm pretty patient and understanding about most things, but ugh.

So the gist is, if there's a title which found its way onto your Save List in the past, and is currently either a Netflix title or not currently available to stream anywhere (aka "no providers found"), then you cannot delete it. And apparently Roku cannot or will not delete it for you. (Nor can you clear your entire Save List and start from scratch, apparently.) Seems like a system bug that needs to be fixed, and maybe I should report it that way, at least. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Actually, there is a way. Use the phone app. Scroll down a few rows to the save list, find the title, tap the 3 dots below it, and choose delete. 

0 Kudos
Dininonymous
Streaming Star

Again, that option doesn't exist on my app. I may have a different version of the app, I don't know, but it is not there - there are no dots at all when viewing the list as a whole, instead there's a box to check or uncheck on each title. I'll try to include some photos, to show what I'm seeing on my app:

1583F4BC-18EC-4B64-A46C-A2B2DB3B630E_1_201_a.jpeg7DC8EB0C-6CB9-46EF-A6C7-CBF21E74099B_1_201_a.jpeg

On the left, the standard way where you can check or uncheck to add or delete a title from your list, no problem.

On the right, a title that is either only available via Netflix or not currently available to stream at all, and therefore no option to add it to OR REMOVE it from your list if it's already there.

But seriously, don't Roku representatives monitor these forums and help anymore?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.