Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgustin

I can't view seasons of series on the Roku Channnel from continue watching

When I watch a series that I started on The Roku Channel, I don't get the option to view seasons and choose an episode anymore.  How can I browse seasons and choose episodes on a series in The Roku Channel?  The option used to be available when I opened a series from the "Continue Watching" section.

5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can't view seasons of series on the Roku Channnel from continue watching

@jgustin 

When you are selecting the series from the Continue Watching Section of the Roku Channel, what exactly is happening?  Is the series automatically playing from the last watched?

When you select the series from Continue Watching from within the Roku Channel, a screen should appear (the series title page) with the options to Resume, Play from Beginning, See all Episodes, Captions and Audio Track info, More Like This, and Remove from Continue Watching.

If you are selecting the Series from the "Watch to Watch" left side Menu on Home screen and then selecting Continue Watching, this normally just starts playing the episode.  You will need to press the "Back" button on your Roku remote to access the Series Title page described above once series starts to play..

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
jgustin

Thank you for the response.  When I open the series the title screen just gives the option to continue the episode or start over.  The "seasons" button used to be above the continue watching button, but now it just has a "Save" button or "Captions and Audio track" button above and a "Play from beginning" button beside the continue button.  There is no option to view the seasons.  It is like that on all of the series that are in Continue Watching

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@jgustin 

Unfortunately, I am not seeing this behavior on my devices.  Under that listing, you should be seeing "See All Episodes" right after "Play from Beginning".

----

How about if you do a Search for the series?  Does it show the seasons then?

0 Kudos
jgustin

If I do a search from the Roku Home screen, it shows the Season's button above the Resume watching button.  But I don't want to have to search for every series that I watch on the Roku channel.  The point of the Continue watching section is to make it easy to get to series that I'm watching.  Perhaps whatever changed is just going to force me to search every time I want to look up a specific episode of my favorite shows.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@jgustin 

Try the Remove, Restart, Reinstall procedure for the Roku Channel.

1. Remove Roku Channel.

2. Restart the Roku device. (Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/System Restart)

3. Reinstall Roku Channel.

-----

What is the Roku model and OS build of the device you are seeing this on?  You can find this under Settings/System/About.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.