Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zweii
Reel Rookie

My Roku account is in German

This doesn’t affect much, until I’m doing stuff. Every email I get from Roku and the Roku website after I sign in is in German. I am not able to read or speak German. I also am only allowed to use channels and apps that are available in Germany. I just want to use HiDive and YouTube TV. Please help, this is been going on for a while. After I sign in, the support number is also a 12 digit German phone number that I can’t even call because I live in America.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku account is in German

@Zweii-

When you first set up your Roku account, might you have been using a VPN that was connecting through a server in Germany or Austria?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Zweii
Reel Rookie

I don’t think so, but am I able to go in and change that?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Zweii-

If you log into your account at https://my.roku.com then click on the Add new apps link under Streaming Store this should take you to your online Streaming Store page.  When you scroll down to the bottom of the page the very last line should show you what region's version of the page you are seeing.  What does it report?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Zweii
Reel Rookie

I tried this, but I get an error message. "the /en-us/" URL is not available" so I tried the canada english one, it worked but it just went back to german when it refreshed the page.

0 Kudos
renojim

Try clearing your browser cookies, using a different browser, or a different device.  There's no way to change the region of your Roku account.  You have to create a new account, factory reset your device, and link it to the new account.  You should probably close your "German" account.

How to close your Roku® account | Official Roku Support

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
zweiiegg

this worked, thank you

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.