Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeepBork

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

My Home Screen went from 3 across to 4 across back to 3 then back to 4 and now back to 3 again! Ffs Roku, figure your **bleep** out! 

0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

You can't. Roku "updated" it to that screen on purpose.

0 Kudos
CeeKay
Binge Watcher

Personally, I'm OK with either the three or the four button display, but please stop switching it back-and-forth. I have my channels arranged a certain way that I like, so please stop messing around! 

did you hire a new UI designer that has no experience, or something?

0 Kudos
zan-monk
Reel Rookie

Agreed, this is what annoys me the most. They've now sent an update to let you manage the "size" of the tiles so that you can get 3 across again, but they still haven't fixed the hdmi input sub-menu stupidity. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@zan-monk where are you seeing any setting to change the screen grid between 3x3 and 4x4? I just checked my Premiere and nothing there. I checked my Ultra last night and nothing found. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ReasonSeason
Reel Rookie

Wow, that’s a lot of wasted white space. Not great design. 

0 Kudos
JosephP
Reel Rookie

Oh, great.

I just noticed that my 4 column home screen is now back to 3 columns. So I came here looking for how to get my 4 columns back, and all I found was 24 pages of complaints about the 4 and wanting to know how to get it back to 3. Well, it's back to 3 now and I want my 4 back.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I don't know what Roku is doing with the 4 column rollout. I've never had it on any of my devices, even though I would like to have it, at least on the larger TV displays. So far I've heard of no one ever getting a menu option to switch between the two sizes. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Nosoynadie
Binge Watcher

DefenderXX
Reel Rookie

‎11-27-2023 03:42 PM

I checked again out of curiosity, and I now have an option to toggle between tiles sizes. I found it under Settings > Home Screen. There are two new options, one for "Continue Watching" to show/hide, and one for "Tile Size" with options for Smaller/Larger.

I am currently using the software version: 12.5.0 build 4176 on a 55" TCL Roku TV.

I received no notification that there was a new option, so it might be worthwhile to check on your own device. Good luck!

0 Kudos
JosephP
Reel Rookie

I didn't do anything to make my home screen 4 columns, it just happened. When it happened and I couldn't explain it, I checked for a software update and it was like the day before so I accepted it that it was part of the software update. Now I see that I was right about that.

I just noticed that it was 3 instead of 4, and I might not have noticed that if I hadn't first noticed that the continue watching was gone from the top of the home screen icons.

I got the continue watching back through noodling around with the new choices.

Not that I'm going to do anything stupid and get mad and quit Roku - it's just what I was looking for. I was looking for something that would play AppleTV+ without hiccups and Roku fit the bill.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.