Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimsz
Streaming Star

Re: What’s with the new layout

The new layout is terrible. Roku fails to respect that I own my Roku and they keep forcing garbage on the home screen. Recently the search bar, then the Continue Watching now a 4 icon row.

I have 6 TVs, two have Roku built in and 4 have Roku ultras attached. After the forced continue watching we are starting to look for alternative devices to start replacing the Ultra's.

Roku can offer options in their software but I should be able to turn it off.

Roku was a great user centric company and now they are just as bad as Amazon Stick and thats not a compliment.

jimsz
Streaming Star

I have TVs ranging from 36" to 86". The grid layout should be selectable. The 4 icon row on the small TVs is too crowded.  Want to help that, reduce the ad size.

As for comparing it to the Fire stick as a positive, why? Compare what was the best to whats the worst is not a compliment.

BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

They are free to make changes to the user experience but my it customizable.  Give us the option to make select 2 - 5 columns. This will cover people with poor eyesight to perfect vision.  I might select 4 columns for the one in the man cave and leave the others at 3. Just give us the choice.

justpeachy
Reel Rookie

Out of date and very huge? Says who? No one agrees with you.

justpeachy
Reel Rookie

This seems to be happening alot these days, other people deciding what is best for you. It is one reason its impossible to embrace technology because they do what they want for unknown or absurd reasons and you're just stuck with it. It lowers the quality of life and increases frustration. It's like they have too much time on their hands and hey what are you going to do about it anyway. It would be nice to be appreciated for our business or to have tech people who are grown up (hey we made a mistake! Let's fix it!) Or who have common sense ( hey, this is a dumb idea! Let's fix it!) Instead they force you to take it or leave.

bradlejr

I don’t even care about the 4 columns I just want it back to where my Xbox input is on the Home Screen and I don’t have to dig around for it. 

Also TV Inputs are now in a sub folder and it sucks 

evil-period
Channel Surfer

Agree, I want it back the way it was, i wish they'd stop forcing changes down our throats like getting rid of adult content channels and other bullsh*t like that.  I'll tell you one thing I will never buy another roku as long as I live, and they continue to piss me off more and more with all these "changes" they think will benefit everyone.

Mine had 3 columns up until today and i have a very large tv so everything is much harder to read now!

Edit:

I found a menu that looks like it would be perfect that has resets/refresh for channel realted settings.  Not sure if this will have our solution, but it looks like the best shot if someone wants to try some resets/refresh in there, they have a "refetch config" option.

Roku Secret Menu ScreenCodeBenefits
Cycle screen shot, ad banners, and auto-pair settingsUp > Right > Down > Left > UpChange miscellaneous information and ad related settings
0 Kudos
GoldenTrio
Channel Surfer

I intensely dislike the 4 column layout. All it does is make advertising space on the right side bigger.

The squares are too small! Definetly impacts those of us with accessibility issues. 

At a minimum need to be able to change back under accesibility options. I thought after all these years, people understood the ADA act. 

Life is hard enough with disabilities. Hulu just made it harder!

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue!

There's currently no way to alter the settings of the grid. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input. Please stay tuned for the latest updates. We can just wait for the latest update that Roku will implement.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.