Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LilNasty
Reel Rookie

How to add a streaming service not seen thru search?

Prior to us purchasing my Roku TV, we used Apollo TV (shows up as Startup Show as listed on the App Store), and now that I have purchased the Roku TV we have not been able to use this additional Streaming Service.

I have looked (on my Roku TV) how to add an app, but when you go to "Streaming Store" and try to search "Startup Show" under the search feature it is not able to be found. 

My question is how do I get to add the Startup Show added to my Roku TV?

Looking forward to your reply,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: How to add a streaming service not seen thru search?

Assuming you mean Apollo Group TV, their supported devices page lists Roku as “NOT SUPPORTED”.  Also, from googling around, they might not be a legal/licensed distributor of the content they provide.  (Which, if so, may explain the lack of availability on Roku.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
Shawna75

Re: How to add a streaming service not seen thru search?

Ya it looks as if Roku isn't supported. Have you tried reaching out to their support to confirm? Also seen some iffy info on the service. @Strega2  def hit most likely the main reason, they might not be a legal/licensed distributor of the content it has which will definitely keep it away from being available with Roku.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.