Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heySkippy
Reel Rookie

How to Ungroup the TV Inputs?

I used to have HDMI1 (Computer) and HDMI2 (TiVo) as the first two options on my Roku grid, but now they've been hidden in a TV Inputs group.

I don't want them grouped. I tried moving them out, but no luck. How can I do this?

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
TV-Viewer

Re: How to Ungroup the TV Inputs?

I would also like to ungroup the inputs. Who thought this was a good idea?

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

This change is being sent out as a test to a "lucky" group of users.

For now, you're stuck with it.  Make your opinion known to Roku, favorable, unfavorable, or suggestion for improvement.  Posting here in the Community is one way to do it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Tekchip

This sucks. Please make it an option in settings.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tekchip,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience in using our services. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sgreen0

John! 

I'd like to add my dismay at this development.  As an option, OK. But otherwise no. 

Stephen 

I absolutely HATE this. I don't want to go through extra screens just to select my input. I had them in the order I wanted them for quick access. This should not be a thing it is terrible and inconvenient. If we have to have this terrible thing make it optional not mandatory. 

Again this is terrible and I hate it makes me not want to even use the tv. I'm about to switch it with another TV in the house I don't use as much I hate this so much. 

Tirgat

This change relegates my prime reason for this television to an annoying process, as I use my tv for a computer monitor primarily. It seriously makes me consider getting a non smart tv and then use a streaming box like Apple TV so I can choose the actual input I want without more steps.

sadfalkjfaskjfa
Channel Surfer

What has gone wrong with Roku? Do they have anybody who actually uses their product on their design team?

I have (had now) my computer as the first, then two streaming channels, then a bluray player, etc. Now I have to click an extra time continuously?

Roku, actually listen to your community and get rid of this stupidity!

jjokisch1
Reel Rookie

I cannot STAND this option. It adds an extra step to my process, and it has confused all of my/my wife’s older family members