Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmcraig007

How does the smoke alarm sensing work on Roku home monitoring system??

I was wondering how the smoke alarm detection works. Does it need a smart smoke detector or can it alert you of regular smoke detectors going off through some sort of sound sensing?

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How does the smoke alarm sensing work on Roku home monitoring system??

It notifies you when it "hears" it.

https://support.roku.com/article/7870612907671#!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RobinLamb

Will their monitoring service call authorities if a camera detects a fire alarm or co2 alarm going off?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RobinLamb,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you with your inquiry. Please be advised that you’ll get notifications for entry and motion alerts to your phone, and the alarm will sound when your system is armed, but an alarm will not contact an agent or escalate an emergency. In case of a true emergency, you’ll have to contact the authorities yourself. The benefit of a Pro Monitoring Subscription powered by Noonlight is the peace of mind of knowing live agents are looking out for you and your family 24/7. If the worst-case scenario happens, an agent will text you to assess the situation and request emergency assistance on your behalf.

We hope this helps, and please let us know if you need anything else.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                          John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.